Sign in with
Your question

Hardware problems were detected in Windows memory diagno

Last response: in Windows 7
September 4, 2011 5:49:01 PM

Recently, My Computer has been crashing, (Blue screen,program crash, erratic behaviour). I actually thought there was some malware that may have been gotten in my pc. However, After intensive hours of scanning with the anti-virus, malware programs , and posting the result cleanup forums, showed that it didn't have any malware or any virus. However, it did find some adware and cookies. After this, my computer was running pretty fine, until i noticed my browser was crashing and other programs. Even though it wasn't as erratic as earlier. At that point I ran the Windows Memory diagnostics, error checking tool to check whats was going on. Well the problem was identified with the memory as it was hardware related. I manually had removed the memory and reinserted it after cleaning it. Even after that, there's no luck. what should i do ? :sweat: 

Got this message after the scan,
"Your computer has a memory problem..... "

I am running
4gb of
Added this 2Gb later on
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ
September 4, 2011 6:00:51 PM

Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0Ghz
Gigabyte EP35-D3SL
4gb Gskill ddr2
AMD Hd 6800
Windows 7 Prof
Seagate 250gb 7200
m
l
a b } Memory
September 4, 2011 7:47:41 PM

I'd run Memtest86+ from a floppy, CD or flash drive to check the memory. Mixing of RAM can cause problems so you might need to remove one or the other. You can test the RAM DIMMs individually and as they are installed right now to look for problems.
m
l
October 2, 2012 5:14:21 PM

I have the same problem. Browser keeps on fuzzing, crashing (etc...). I ran the mem diagnostics program only to find out that my memory has some problems. I have two 4 gb DDR3 Memory cards, relatively new (from the beginning of summer of 2012). If you need any more information, just ask. My mother has contacted the manufacturers as directed from the scan. Any ideas?
m
l
!