Looking for HTPC Case recommendations!

Heya, lookin to find a good HTPC case that is not expensive. Let's put a cap at $60-70.

I was originally looking to buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108060
But at 17" depth it's a bit too long for my setup.

Aside from the $60-70 money restraint, my entertainment center shelf this will go on clocks in at 16" on the dot, so that'll be my depth limit.

I'm lookin at MicroATX form factors as I've already got my internals picked out, just need something to put it all in that works :)

Thanks in advance again.
6 answers Last reply
More about looking htpc case recommendations
  1. $60~$70 and good HTPC case don't really work. I have owned a lot of them and most are trash. The Antec Veris Silver is the best for me but not for that price. Most have terrible cooling and poor non-standard power supply. HTPC's are kind of a pain to deal with and to add a crappy case is too much paint. Also alot depends what you are going to put in it.
  2. cardio said:
    $60~$70 and good HTPC case don't really work. I have owned a lot of them and most are trash. The Antec Veris Silver is the best for me but not for that price. Most have terrible cooling and poor non-standard power supply. HTPC's are kind of a pain to deal with and to add a crappy case is too much paint. Also alot depends what you are going to put in it.

What I plan on putting inside was in this post I made a while back: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256693-31-former-gaming-htpc-gunna-work#t1858777

Yes, I agree the Antec case is very nice, but I'm not up for spending nearly that much on my case at the moment. Really, all I want is a case that will kind of blend in. My entertainment center is black and I have a 16" deep by 19" wide by 6.5" tall area to put a PC in.
  3. I looked for ages for a decent HTPC case that was a reasonable price and the right depth. It drove me insane. You will find that most of the cheaper ones are that one-two inches too deep.
    In the end i just went for a standard case hide it away and ran cables a bit further.
    Not a helpful post but just giving what i found when i was looking. You will go insane trying to find a perfect case, unless you want to pay more or have that extra inch or two
  4. Belinda said:
    I looked for ages for a decent HTPC case that was a reasonable price and the right depth. It drove me insane. You will find that most of the cheaper ones are that one-two inches too deep.
    In the end i just went for a standard case hide it away and ran cables a bit further.
    Not a helpful post but just giving what i found when i was looking. You will go insane trying to find a perfect case, unless you want to pay more or have that extra inch or two

Yeah, since I found out the original one I wanted was 17" I've been looking alot, and I'm starting to go nuts ;) At this point I'm just looking for something that will work, even if its just a plain old desktop.
  5. How about this. My original cost for everything included a copy of Vista Home Premium. Perhaps someone can inform me, or direct me to another post regarding free alternatives for a HTPC OS, since that's all I'm planning on using this box for.

Remove vista, then I have that money to use for a better case.
  6. For free HTPC OS, you're gonna have to go linux. Take a look at Mythbuntu or KnoppMyth for MythTV bundled linux distros.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product