Asus IPIBL-LB bios problem

bp127

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

I flashed bios on my HP dx2400 (Asus IPIBL-LB motherboard) .. and after reboot computer wont run and i get 2 beeps which means (from AMI BIOS support homepage) "‘AMIBOOT.ROM’ file not found in root directory of diskette in A:"
Ok ..i downloaded official bios from HP, renamed to AMIBOOT.ROM and copied to formatted Floppy.
When i run computer with floppy diskette inserted i see and hear floppy drive start working something but at the end i get 3 beeps and its repeating ... 3 beeps instead 4 beeps which means (from AMI support) "Insert next diskette if multiple diskettes are used for recovery"

What am i doing wrong?

If anyone have any idea or had similar problems please help me :)

Thanks

mechbob

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

Check for updated bios 3.5 might help mechbob

mechbob

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I have a mod.a6152n Q-cord that had bios 3.15 HP said that was current but under buisness support they give 3.5 for that MOBO..

G

hi i have same mainboard and similar problem but i dont know how to install this files? i dont have floppy disk..
thanks

DJ O

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
hi i have same mainboard and similar problem but i dont know how to install this files? i dont have floppy disk..
thanks

You can use CD instead of floppy. Don't put the .exe on disc open the execute with WinRAR or 7zip. The ROM should be name BEN5.32 or something similar. For AMI's default recovery rename the ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM the drive should access it from 2-5mins then beep 4 times then reboot. If it doesn't want to read for some reason you can force it by holding down Ctrl+Home at the same time. If it still doesn't work here is a little inside BIOS knowledge for HP you can try. Open up the ROM in a hex editor and search for ROM or BIN the name you find will be the name the Boot Block is searching for so rename the ROM to that name and repeat the steps above. For IPIBL-LB specifically the name should be HPBIOS.ROM. Another tip is always flash from DOS instead of Windows. Hope this helps.

Osiris

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
The BIOS does not just corrupt itself for no reason. Unless you received this error after trying to update the BIOS and something went wrong, the board is probably toast. There haven't been any CMOS viruses for years now, so I highly doubt you encountered one.