Different password while pipe share

azan

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
I did reset new administrator password on all user's system. All working properly but one user's pc is getting problem. During pipe share it does not accept the new password. When I login through administrator, new password work..... please help

azan

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks... I have a 200 plus nodes network.Recently, I reset my administrator Password on all PCs. Everything is working properly. But whenever I go through like \\192.x.x.x .It ask foe user name and password.When I try to give new password, it does not work. But old password work

Did you reset the local admin passwords or the domain one? Are there other share level accounts and passwords that may have been set?

If this is only on one computer, the change may not have taken place on it, try to change it manually. How did you change all the passwords?

azan

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Yes, I did reset local admin password.Domain password did not change.Problem is occurring at few PCs not at all.Yes I did change it manually.Actually, when I try to print from the share printer then it ask to give user name and password.I give user name and password(old password,which is also domain password) daily and then it start to work properly whole the day.

Need to make sure the shares are setup properly. If you have 200 computers you really need to be using network accounts to setup rights not the local admin account. You don't want to be working with sorting out where the rights issue is coming from. It's tough to add every local account to a share without adding Everyone to the groups. Setup a generic user account if you like for every computer to use, add that account to the group that you give share and printer rights to.