Can I reinstall a pushpin cooler?

CRogers

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro with a push pin design. I had been using it on a motherboard for about a year, however the MB recently died. While install the first time around wasn't exactly what I would call easy, I am having year success now. Are the pins somehow broken after one install? Am I doing something wrong or do I need to replace the cooler as well.

Thanks for any help, I've never had any problems with the cpu cooler before.

Solution
Nope, pins can be used again and again. Inspect to see if they are messed up of course. You should inspect the bottom of the mobo after the cooler is installed to ensure all 4 pins are seated properly.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Nope, pins can be used again and again. Inspect to see if they are messed up of course. You should inspect the bottom of the mobo after the cooler is installed to ensure all 4 pins are seated properly.

Solution

CRogers

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
This reply is for anyone who might see this thread and have a similar issue. Apparently just because I pulled the pins out far enough to remove the cooler from the last board did not mean they were far enough out to put the pins back in position to be reinstalled. It took a fair deal of effort to pull them far enough back but that was the problem.