Doesn't seem fair (A newbie whine)

On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least Noon
(when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
open space, no one claims it....right?

Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
Both of them!!

That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned pros)....do
they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who comes
along from getting any chance?

I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE hours!
If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay in
one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other players
who may need the experience, credits and loot?

It just doesn't seem fair....
I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm going
to check again tomorrow....
12 answers Last reply
More about doesn fair newbie whine
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    *sigh*

    Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not, but if
    you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure how
    much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it comes
    to stuff like this.

    "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
    > spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
    > trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
    Noon
    > (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
    > open space, no one claims it....right?
    >
    > Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
    > then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    > practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
    > Both of them!!
    >
    > That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
    > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    pros)....do
    > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    comes
    > along from getting any chance?
    >
    > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    hours!
    > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    in
    > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    players
    > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    >
    > It just doesn't seem fair....
    > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    going
    > to check again tomorrow....

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I don't know if they were indeed AFK...there was no notification as such....

    If they were indeed there for 9+ hours...God bless 'em...I can't spend more
    than an hour or two a day online...how someone could sit for 9 hours in the
    same place at the same point in the game and kill spawn after spawn of
    NPCs....I don't get it.

    If they were so far along in the game (experience wise, which I guessed by
    their badge collections) why would they need to spend 9 hours collecting
    credits and loot, the XP I can understand, the higher up the skill tree the
    more XP you need (but still, 9 hours seems beyond excessive)

    I'm working on Rifles III which takes 70,000!!

    "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > *sigh*
    >
    > Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not, but
    if
    > you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure how
    > much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it
    comes
    > to stuff like this.
    >
    > "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
    > > spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
    > > trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
    > Noon
    > > (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
    > > open space, no one claims it....right?
    > >
    > > Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm
    and
    > > then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    > > practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL
    there!!!
    > > Both of them!!
    > >
    > > That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same
    spot,
    > > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    > > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    > pros)....do
    > > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    > comes
    > > along from getting any chance?
    > >
    > > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    > hours!
    > > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    > in
    > > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    > players
    > > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    > >
    > > It just doesn't seem fair....
    > > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    > going
    > > to check again tomorrow....

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    thats probably what they were doing as well. working on their combat
    profession. once you get a certain level of minus faction. those npc's
    attack you. If you have excellent weapons you leave your character online
    and rack up the xp.

> [...]
    > > > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges
    and
    > > > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    > > pros)....do
    > > > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    > > comes
    > > > along from getting any chance?
    > > >
    > > > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    > > hours!
    > > > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to
    stay
    > > in
    > > > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    > > players
    > > > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    > > >
    > > > It just doesn't seem fair....
    > > > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:44:10 GMT, "Gilbert A Garza"

    My gameing background started with Ultima Online. There unattended
    macroing or unattended play like that was a bannable offense. Early on
    in this game I presented the question of unattended macroing to a CSR
    in the Chaqt rooms and his response was.... This game was built around
    macros and it was intended that the players use macros extensivly.
    Unattended macroing is not only condoned but it is encouraged!

    I paraphrase of course but that was the gist of what he said and I
    have seen no indications to date to make me think otherwise.

    <ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote:

    >thats probably what they were doing as well. working on their combat
    >profession. once you get a certain level of minus faction. those npc's
    >attack you. If you have excellent weapons you leave your character online
    >and rack up the xp.
    >

    >"Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I don't know if they were indeed AFK...there was no notification as
    >such....
    >>
    >> If they were indeed there for 9+ hours...God bless 'em...I can't spend
    >more
    >> than an hour or two a day online...how someone could sit for 9 hours in
    >the
    >> same place at the same point in the game and kill spawn after spawn of
    >> NPCs....I don't get it.
    >>
    >> If they were so far along in the game (experience wise, which I guessed by
    >> their badge collections) why would they need to spend 9 hours collecting
    >> credits and loot, the XP I can understand, the higher up the skill tree
    >the
    >> more XP you need (but still, 9 hours seems beyond excessive)
    >>
    >> I'm working on Rifles III which takes 70,000!!
    >>
    >> "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> > *sigh*
    >> >
    >> > Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not,
    >but
    >> if
    >> > you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure
    >how
    >> > much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it
    >> comes
    >> > to stuff like this.
    >> >
    >> > "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >Kooks
    >> > Noon
    >it's

    >> and
    >target
    >> there!!!

    >> spot,
    >and
    >> > pros)....do
    >> > comes

    >> > hours!
    >stay
    >> > in
    >> > players

    >> > going

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    well they werent really there for 9 hours.... they just left there computer
    on and went and did something else for 9 hours... if they have a low faction
    standing with the kooks then they attack automatically and are killed
    instantly if you have good stats.
    salo
    lowca

    "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
    > spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
    > trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
    Noon
    > (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
    > open space, no one claims it....right?
    >
    > Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
    > then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    > practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
    > Both of them!!
    >
    > That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
    > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    pros)....do
    > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    comes
    > along from getting any chance?
    >
    > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    hours!
    > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    in
    > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    players
    > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    >
    > It just doesn't seem fair....
    > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    going
    > to check again tomorrow....

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
    > spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
    > trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
    Noon
    > (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
    > open space, no one claims it....right?
    >
    > Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
    > then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    > practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
    > Both of them!!
    >
    > That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
    > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    pros)....do
    > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    comes
    > along from getting any chance?
    >
    > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    hours!
    > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    in
    > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    players
    > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    >
    > It just doesn't seem fair....
    > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    going
    > to check again tomorrow....

    You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and such
    (forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Also in Tyrena. cross the bridge and then follow the water on your left.
    should be a spot with 3-4 ragtag (thug faction) there. hardly see anyone
    there.
    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:44:10 GMT, "Gilbert A Garza"
    >
    > My gameing background started with Ultima Online. There unattended
    > macroing or unattended play like that was a bannable offense. Early on
    > in this game I presented the question of unattended macroing to a CSR
    > in the Chaqt rooms and his response was.... This game was built around
    > macros and it was intended that the players use macros extensivly.
    > Unattended macroing is not only condoned but it is encouraged!
    >
    > I paraphrase of course but that was the gist of what he said and I
    > have seen no indications to date to make me think otherwise.
    >

    > <ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > >thats probably what they were doing as well. working on their combat
    > >profession. once you get a certain level of minus faction. those npc's
    > >attack you. If you have excellent weapons you leave your character online
    > >and rack up the xp.
    > >

    > >"Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> I don't know if they were indeed AFK...there was no notification as
    > >such....
    > >>
    > >> If they were indeed there for 9+ hours...God bless 'em...I can't spend
    > >more
    > >> than an hour or two a day online...how someone could sit for 9 hours in
    > >the
    > >> same place at the same point in the game and kill spawn after spawn of
    > >> NPCs....I don't get it.
    > >>
    > >> If they were so far along in the game (experience wise, which I guessed
    by
    > >> their badge collections) why would they need to spend 9 hours
    collecting
    > >> credits and loot, the XP I can understand, the higher up the skill tree
    > >the
    > >> more XP you need (but still, 9 hours seems beyond excessive)
    > >>
    > >> I'm working on Rifles III which takes 70,000!!
    > >>
    > >> "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    > >but
    > >> if
    > >how
    > >> comes

    > >Kooks
    > >it's

    > >> and
    > >target
    > >> there!!!

    > >> spot,
    > >and

    NINE
    > >stay

    I'm

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Joey JoJo wrote:

    > "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
    >>spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
    >>trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
    >
    > Noon
    >
    >>(when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
    >>open space, no one claims it....right?
    >>
    >>Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
    >>then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    >>practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
    >>Both of them!!
    >>
    >>That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
    >>killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    >>killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    >
    > pros)....do
    >
    >>they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    >
    > comes
    >
    >>along from getting any chance?
    >>
    >>I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    >
    > hours!
    >
    >>If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    >
    > in
    >
    >>one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    >
    > players
    >
    >>who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    >>
    >>It just doesn't seem fair....
    >>I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    >
    > going
    >
    >>to check again tomorrow....
    >>

    > You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and such
    > (forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.

    bleh. on my server, the cantina is always camped by macro afk'ers.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    <snip>
    "> >>Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm
    and
    > >>then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
    > >>practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL
    there!!!
    > >>Both of them!!
    > >>
    > >>That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same
    spot,
    > >>killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
    > >>killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
    > >
    > > pros)....do
    > >
    > >>they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
    > >
    > > comes
    > >
    > >>along from getting any chance?
    > >>
    > >>I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
    > >
    > > hours!
    > >
    > >>If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
    > >
    > > in
    > >
    > >>one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
    > >
    > > players
    > >
    > >>who may need the experience, credits and loot?
    > >>
    > >>It just doesn't seem fair....
    > >>I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
    > >
    > > going
    > >
    > >>to check again tomorrow....
    > >>

    > > You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and
    such
    > > (forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.
    > >

    > bleh. on my server, the cantina is always camped by macro afk'ers.

    same here, on Valcyn server...I don't camp for XP, I camp for loot kit parts
    and then I'm always at the keyboard to click the loot button...plus, I can't
    stand doing that for more than 30 minutes or so. I laugh every time I see a
    corpse with an AFK tag...

    --
    Maryk Tormass, TKM/Doctor, Lowca
    Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:24:03 GMT, "Steven Vavra"
    <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it comes
    >to stuff like this.

    Then again...... :-P

    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Developers&message.id=44991
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:24:03 GMT, "Steven Vavra"
    > <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    > >..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it comes
    > >to stuff like this.
    >

    > Then again...... :-P

    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Developers&message.id=44991

    Wow. That says it all, really. I foresee a HUGE shortage of entertainers
    in the new future. As a point of pride I created a musician on Valcyn and
    mastered it at the keyboard; I've never been so bored in my life. Although
    it was fun talking to new faces and seeing people, the time constraints were
    exponential. And, I did use a repeating macro to run through my flourishes
    and expedite XP gains - the point was that the macro freed my fingers for
    conversation instead of constantly pressing hotkeys.

    --
    Maryk Tormass, TKM/Doctor, Lowca
    Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of
    Aurora Ionis shuttleport.

    Uromi Biverje, Master Musician/Dancer in training, Coronet Cantina, Valcyn
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "The other Mike" <mtl?ink@earthl?ink.net> wrote in message

    > Wow. That says it all, really. I foresee a HUGE shortage of entertainers
    > in the new future.

    If it means I could walk into the Cantina in Cornet and find less than 30
    entertainers during peak hours, I'm all for it.

    Mowab

Games Video Games