Doesn't seem fair (A newbie whine)

On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least Noon
(when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
open space, no one claims it....right?

Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
Both of them!!

That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned pros)....do
they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who comes
along from getting any chance?

I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE hours!
If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay in
one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other players
who may need the experience, credits and loot?

It just doesn't seem fair....
I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm going
to check again tomorrow....

*sigh*

Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not, but if
you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure how
much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it comes
to stuff like this.

"Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
> spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
> trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
Noon
> (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
> open space, no one claims it....right?
>
> Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
> then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
> practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
> Both of them!!
>
> That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
> killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
> killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
pros)....do
> they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
comes
> along from getting any chance?
>
> I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
hours!
> If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
in
> one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
players
> who may need the experience, credits and loot?
>
> It just doesn't seem fair....
> I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
going
> to check again tomorrow....

I don't know if they were indeed AFK...there was no notification as such....

If they were indeed there for 9+ hours...God bless 'em...I can't spend more
than an hour or two a day online...how someone could sit for 9 hours in the
same place at the same point in the game and kill spawn after spawn of
NPCs....I don't get it.

If they were so far along in the game (experience wise, which I guessed by
their badge collections) why would they need to spend 9 hours collecting
credits and loot, the XP I can understand, the higher up the skill tree the
more XP you need (but still, 9 hours seems beyond excessive)

I'm working on Rifles III which takes 70,000!!

"Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> *sigh*
>
> Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not, but
if
> you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure how
> much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it
comes
> to stuff like this.
>
> "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
> > spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
> > trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
> Noon
> > (when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
> > open space, no one claims it....right?
> >
> > Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm
and
> > then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
> > practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL
there!!!
> > Both of them!!
> >
> > That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same
spot,
> > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
> > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
> pros)....do
> > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
> comes
> > along from getting any chance?
> >
> > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
> hours!
> > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
> in
> > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
> players
> > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
> >
> > It just doesn't seem fair....
> > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
> going
> > to check again tomorrow....

thats probably what they were doing as well. working on their combat
profession. once you get a certain level of minus faction. those npc's
attack you. If you have excellent weapons you leave your character online
and rack up the xp.

> [...]
> > > killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges
and
> > > killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
> > pros)....do
> > > they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
> > comes
> > > along from getting any chance?
> > >
> > > I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
> > hours!
> > > If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to
stay
> > in
> > > one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
> > players
> > > who may need the experience, credits and loot?
> > >
> > > It just doesn't seem fair....
> > > I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:44:10 GMT, "Gilbert A Garza"

My gameing background started with Ultima Online. There unattended
macroing or unattended play like that was a bannable offense. Early on
in this game I presented the question of unattended macroing to a CSR
in the Chaqt rooms and his response was.... This game was built around
macros and it was intended that the players use macros extensivly.
Unattended macroing is not only condoned but it is encouraged!

I paraphrase of course but that was the gist of what he said and I
have seen no indications to date to make me think otherwise.

<ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote:

>thats probably what they were doing as well. working on their combat
>profession. once you get a certain level of minus faction. those npc's
>attack you. If you have excellent weapons you leave your character online
>and rack up the xp.
>

>"Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I don't know if they were indeed AFK...there was no notification as
>such....
>>
>> If they were indeed there for 9+ hours...God bless 'em...I can't spend
>more
>> than an hour or two a day online...how someone could sit for 9 hours in
>the
>> same place at the same point in the game and kill spawn after spawn of
>> NPCs....I don't get it.
>>
>> If they were so far along in the game (experience wise, which I guessed by
>> their badge collections) why would they need to spend 9 hours collecting
>> credits and loot, the XP I can understand, the higher up the skill tree
>the
>> more XP you need (but still, 9 hours seems beyond excessive)
>>
>> I'm working on Rifles III which takes 70,000!!
>>
>> "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> > *sigh*
>> >
>> > Just gotta love the AFK killers. Not sure if it's an exploit or not,
>but
>> if
>> > you feel strong enough about it, throw in a report on them. Not sure
>how
>> > much that will get you though..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it
>> comes
>> > to stuff like this.
>> >
>> > "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
>Kooks
>> > Noon
>it's

>> and
>target
>> there!!!

>> spot,
>and
>> > pros)....do
>> > comes

>> > hours!
>stay
>> > in
>> > players

>> > going

well they werent really there for 9 hours.... they just left there computer
on and went and did something else for 9 hours... if they have a low faction
standing with the kooks then they attack automatically and are killed
instantly if you have good stats.
salo
lowca

> [...]

> That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
> killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
> killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
pros)....do
> they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
comes
> along from getting any chance?
>
> I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
hours!
> If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
in
> one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
players
> who may need the experience, credits and loot?
>
> It just doesn't seem fair....
> I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm

You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and such
(forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.

Also in Tyrena. cross the bridge and then follow the water on your left.
should be a spot with 3-4 ragtag (thug faction) there. hardly see anyone
there.

Joey JoJo wrote:

> "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Corellia, at Tyrena, there's a spot just outside the city where Kooks
>>spawn constantly, low level of difficulty, usually carrying credits or
>>trinkets. Today I stopped by (I found it yesterday) and since at least
>
> Noon
>
>>(when I did my first session) there were two players there....fine, it's
>>open space, no one claims it....right?
>>
>>Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm and
>>then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
>>practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL there!!!
>>Both of them!!
>>
>>That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same spot,
>>killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
>>killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
>
> pros)....do
>
>>they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
>
> comes
>
>>along from getting any chance?
>>
>>I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
>
> hours!
>
>>If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
>
> in
>
>>one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
>
> players
>
>>who may need the experience, credits and loot?
>>
>>It just doesn't seem fair....
>>I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
>
> going
>
>>to check again tomorrow....
>>

> You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and such
> (forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.

bleh. on my server, the cantina is always camped by macro afk'ers.

<snip>
"> >>Well, they were still there (or there again) when I stopped by at 4pm
and
> >>then at 7pm, now, I'm back on, I stop by thinking I can get some target
> >>practice in and make some credits and loot....nope, they're STILL
there!!!
> >>Both of them!!
> >>
> >>That's now at least 9+ hours that these two have stayed in the same
spot,
> >>killing every spawning Kook instantly (they both had a ton of badges and
> >>killed these targets with one or two shots, so they are seasoned
> >
> > pros)....do
> >
> >>they really need to stay in one spot ALL DAY, keeping anyone else who
> >
> > comes
> >
> >>along from getting any chance?
> >>
> >>I know I'm whining, I would stay there for an hour also, but not NINE
> >
> > hours!
> >
> >>If they're so far into the game and so skilled, why do they need to stay
> >
> > in
> >
> >>one spot killing easy targets? Can't they share the area with other
> >
> > players
> >
> >>who may need the experience, credits and loot?
> >>
> >>It just doesn't seem fair....
> >>I won't mention the character names or Galaxy, but needless to say I'm
> >
> > going
> >
> >>to check again tomorrow....
> >>

> > You may want to try Moenia. It maybe less crowded. There are thugs and
such
> > (forget what theyre called) that you can get xp for.
> >

> bleh. on my server, the cantina is always camped by macro afk'ers.

same here, on Valcyn server...I don't camp for XP, I camp for loot kit parts
and then I'm always at the keyboard to click the loot button...plus, I can't
stand doing that for more than 30 minutes or so. I laugh every time I see a
corpse with an AFK tag...

--
Maryk Tormass, TKM/Doctor, Lowca
Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of

"Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:24:03 GMT, "Steven Vavra"
> <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >..the CSR's are pretty apathetic when it comes
> >to stuff like this.
>

> Then again...... :p

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Developers&message.id=44991

Wow. That says it all, really. I foresee a HUGE shortage of entertainers
in the new future. As a point of pride I created a musician on Valcyn and
mastered it at the keyboard; I've never been so bored in my life. Although
it was fun talking to new faces and seeing people, the time constraints were
exponential. And, I did use a repeating macro to run through my flourishes
and expedite XP gains - the point was that the macro freed my fingers for
conversation instead of constantly pressing hotkeys.

--
Maryk Tormass, TKM/Doctor, Lowca
Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of
Aurora Ionis shuttleport.

Uromi Biverje, Master Musician/Dancer in training, Coronet Cantina, Valcyn

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

"The other Mike" <mtl?ink@earthl?ink.net> wrote in message

> Wow. That says it all, really. I foresee a HUGE shortage of entertainers
> in the new future.

If it means I could walk into the Cantina in Cornet and find less than 30
entertainers during peak hours, I'm all for it.

Mowab