Cannot install softwares

I am getting the following message while trying to install some application,
to be precise PhotoShop plugins "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTO.NT. The system file
is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose
'Close' to terminate the application." But before I could install them and
had no problem. My OS is Win XP (Pro) Service Pack2. What could be the
problem? Any help please. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot install softwares

    In news:C5E9472D-AB14-479B-A684-A614C5F9D2E9@microsoft.com,
    kallu <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I am getting the following message while trying to install some
    > application, to be precise PhotoShop plugins
    > "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTO.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose 'Close' to
    > terminate the application." But before I could install them and had
    > no problem. My OS is Win XP (Pro) Service Pack2. What could be the
    > problem? Any help please. Thanks

    See here:

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:C5E9472D-AB14-479B-A684-A614C5F9D2E9@microsoft.com,
    > kallu <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > > I am getting the following message while trying to install some
    > > application, to be precise PhotoShop plugins
    > > "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTO.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose 'Close' to
    > > terminate the application." But before I could install them and had
    > > no problem. My OS is Win XP (Pro) Service Pack2. What could be the
    > > problem? Any help please. Thanks
    >
    > See here:
    >
    > Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    > program:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
    > trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
    > come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes
    >

    > Thanks the issue has been resolved

Microsoft Windows XP