rhilibryn

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I was curious if there was any way to actually increase the volume.. I am using the onboard sound and have the volume setting on the bullhorn on the taskbar set to full as well as my monitor and headphone volume set to full yet I can vaguely hear sound with my headphones and only at moments on my monitor. I used the hd audio front panel connector as that is what it recommended (From Manual - "We recommend that you connect a high-definition front panel audio module to this connector to avail of the motherboard's high-definition audio capability") and made sure it was set in the bios to HD Audio. Would AC'97 work better(gonna try while I wait for a response anyway)?

rhilibryn

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

You lost me already.. LOL! This was my first computer I built, took me about 6 hours and a decent amount of reading the manuals to make sure I didn't mess up.

Also, AC'97 doesn't work at all. Made sure I changed the onboard sound to AC'97 in bios as well.

rhilibryn

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

That's what I thought but if I remove the sleeve it still won't go in any deeper because it flattens out right before the sleeving preventing it from going in any deeper (Like a washer that you would use in between a nut and a bolt).

chinh_n

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
double check your manual to make sure you have it plugged into the correct port. i think it should be the lime green one on your motherboard.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
First I would like the others have told you check to make sure you have properly plugged the headphone/speaker jack into the right plug on your motherboard (its the lime green one).

I dought this is the problem but do you have the drivers installed for the audio? Your motherboard most likely came with a cd that has the audio drivers. (ussualy the os has the audio 97' drivers as a generic install driver for windows now)

The only other idea I have for you is that the audio is dead? I have seen this a few times where the audio plug went bad, but this was after many months of use and a lot of plugging in and out was done.

Dragonsprayer is probally right that you are plugging the speakers/headset into the non amp out.

lee-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Maybe the sound of the monitor is not good..

Why not having a speaker system like the X-540 from Logitech which gives you a 5.1 setting...
I have speakers on my monitor by I don't use it as its not good and the sound is far too low.

Maybe also you install the wrong driver its better to let the program install the drivers for you instead o you installing it as you might have installed the wrong one....

On the P5Q-E its the ADi from Soundmax .. Don't really know if its the same thing for the P5Q Pro....