Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card pipeline

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 31, 2008 5:50:32 PM

Im trying to make a decision on a new computer graphic card for online gaming and i read that i should be considering pipeline for less lag?

My question is if i have one card that has 120 pipeline is that better than having 2 graphic cards with 100 pipelines each?

thanks for any replies. :) 

More about : graphic card pipeline

August 31, 2008 6:08:46 PM

crewguy28 said:
Im trying to make a decision on a new computer graphic card for online gaming and i read that i should be considering pipeline for less lag?

My question is if i have one card that has 120 pipeline is that better than having 2 graphic cards with 100 pipelines each?

thanks for any replies. :) 

Those are fuzzy questions. It depends on specific architecture and how well the 2 cards scale in cf/sli. You need to name the specific cards.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2008 6:14:57 PM

I think where you read that they were trying to baffle you with ****, and make themselves sound knowledgable.

Work with reviews and benches of the specific cards in your price range, pick how much you are willing to spend, and then see what performs the best, there is a minor bias towards nvidia or ATI game by game, but this is often less than the difference from card to card.
So start with budget and go from there, if you start with resolution and 'performance' and work towards cost you will always pay a lot for your solution.
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 31, 2008 7:31:54 PM

As you are talking about pipelines i suspect you are looking at older tec cards than can end up costing more than newer better performing cards. As dagger says please tell us what you are looking at getting and what the main use will be then we can help you much more.

Mactronix
August 31, 2008 7:43:35 PM

i dont think any old cards went past 48 pipelines...
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 31, 2008 7:52:25 PM

Yes i know the numbers are all wrong its just the terminology and as dagger also said its so fuzzy its like second hand info from someone who thinks they know what they are talking about. Could be a translation issue also ?

Mactronix
!