Need help with water cooling

stj0482

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
hey guys
i would like some input on a simple buy efficient liquid cooling system i'm trying to cool a q6600 on a evga 680isli and was thinking about cooling my 9800gt also the case is a cm 830 stacker...
so and help you could give(pump,resevoir,heatsinks,flow meters and temp sensors,etc....)would be greatly appreciated
thanks for your time

stj0482

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Ya I've looked at it i get confused when it come to pump and resevoirs
i was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction about that kinda stuff

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Thats the best sticky and all the links within it is where you start. If it takes a few weeks, or a few days is up to you. You shouldn't just get an answer 'buy this stuff'. You need to know why and understand the basics.

It's in there. I can't say buy this n that when I have no idea what your looking for, meaning cost, noise tolerence, overcolcking needs. If you don't understand the basics of what to do once it's at your door, I'd be bummed if you fried your Mobo and GPU because you didn't know. Took me 3 months to buy my first WC part, and it went fine.

Putting water in your PC is NOT a 'Best Buy experiance'.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Nothing except the res is part of the pump. I like it myself, one less part to mount. If you read the actual review of the XSPC restop for the DDC3.2 on Martins web page (hosted by Skinnee) you'll see the design of the pump top improves flow rate and head pressure.

There is a nice res for the MCP355 too.