intel dg965ry bios gone crazy

rezwan22

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
i need help today i turned on mypc and saw this weird msg on the screen it said the aa number is not programed on the system press any key to continue after seeing this msg on the startup screen i went back to the bios on top of the screen the bios version was given yyyyyyyyyy which is totally weird :S so i evevn tried updating the bios version but it says the the bios ur trying to update is invalid however i downloaded the latest bios drivers from intel.com still coudn't update the bios ..so guys how do i fix this and how do i get rid of this aa program msg on the startup

mainboard - dg965ry

Did you recently try to update your BIOS? The AA number is a code used by the BIOS that identies the motherboard. Most likley causes for this error are usually......
1. Your BIOS has become corrupted or,
2. You have updated with a BIOS not compatible to your board or,
3. This motherboard is in a prebuild and you updated to a BIOS not supported or recognized by the PC manufacturer.

To clairify a little, the AA code is stored on the motherboard and BIOS "reads" it to determine the motherboard type and chipset. No AA code means the BIOS cannot, for whatever reason, determine the AA code.

rezwan22

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008

yes i have recently updated the bios is there any other way i can revert back to the old bios version ?

rezwan22

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
frist wen i downloaded the bios express file it worked totally fine now when ever im trying to install it it's saying the driver your trying to install is invalid

Unless you follow the instructions, e.g., move the jumper to the correct location for what you want to do, you probably won't be able to make it work. This is not an Asus motherboard and removing the battery for hours won't help, particularly if standby power still is applied to the motherboard.