Issues with FSB and voltages

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
ok so im kind new to the whole overclocking thing but i understand computers very well for a 15 year old and built my own. my issue is i thought my GTX 275 was being cpu bottlenecked so i decieded on overclocking my fsb to increase the pipe and little faster. here are my specs:
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
GTX 275 (OC to FTW)
AMD 5400 (OC to 3.0 and stable)
750W PSU
4 GB DDR2 Dual Channel memory

so any ways when i added Vcore voltage i play codwaw and 1 min in i get BSOD and a crash. i had the FSB at 210. i put it back to 204 and ran for about 30 mins and was fine. i did notice a good FPS difference in the 1 min i played. to conclude how can i fix this bottleneck w/out buying a new CPU. oh and when i ran codwaw i was at 1920 x 1080 no AA or AF and was around 50-70 i should be at 80-100 easy...

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
what do you mean by edit the post? the 4500 at stock is 2.8 ghz and my vcore stock is 1.37. i thought when you overclock the fsb you need to increase the voltage some where. and yes it is very stable at 3.0 ghz.

4745454b

Titan
I mean edit the post (or make a new one) with not only the stock settings for those of us who forgot the stock settings of that chip, and the settings your currently using. You should also mention how far your willing/trying to go. And seeing as your using an older K8 based CPU, knowing your ram specs will help as well seeing as its tied to the CPU frequency.

In short, throw us a bone and clue us in to what you have, and where you want to go.