Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3dmark06 score

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 1, 2008 1:10:57 AM

i just ran the free version of 3dmark06 and got a score of 12171. is that good for the components in my system? i dont think it recognizes the 9800GT in SLI and i cant change any options of anything. and it ran 2 cpu test and it showed 1-2fps? on a q9300? thats 4 cores running and only 1-2fps, i dont think the free version is correct but i thought i would try. my cpu is in the sig and any input is welcomed.

More about : 3dmark06 score

September 1, 2008 1:15:25 AM

xxcoop42xx said:
i just ran the free version of 3dmark06 and got a score of 12171. is that good for the components in my system? i dont think it recognizes the 9800GT in SLI and i cant change any options of anything. and it ran 2 cpu test and it showed 1-2fps? on a q9300? thats 4 cores running and only 1-2fps, i dont think the free version is correct but i thought i would try. my cpu is in the sig and any input is welcomed.


CPU test is supposed to be like that. Every one of those little robots are controlled by an AI. So it's stressful. I hit 4fps max with q6600@3.6ghz, for a q9300 (doesn't matter oced or not, as it oc horribly anyway), it's perfectly normal.

The free use standard settings, which is what everyone compare.

As for 9800gt sli, looks like it indeed is only using one gpu. I get 15.5k on a single 8800gts.
September 1, 2008 1:17:09 AM

IC assain's CReed and COD4, excellent taste:D 
Related resources
September 1, 2008 1:18:00 AM

L1qu1d said:
IC assain's CReed and COD4, excellent taste:D 


Lol, thx. :na: 
September 1, 2008 1:21:47 AM

ok thanks Dagger, ill maybe eventually buy it but cant right now. if i buy will it see the sli setup or is sli not supported in 3dmark06?
September 1, 2008 1:40:06 AM

xxcoop42xx said:
ok thanks Dagger, ill maybe eventually buy it but cant right now. if i buy will it see the sli setup or is sli not supported in 3dmark06?


Don't buy it. The free version should support sli just fine. If it only recognize one card, your system is the problem.
September 1, 2008 3:44:47 AM

well its a brand new system (about 8-9 days old) so its not the system, its the free software.
September 1, 2008 4:19:38 AM

The free version of 3dMark06 DOES support Multi-GPU setups. But in the free version it will not say so/detect it, but you will get the scores from it and so fourth.

Besides, I think a benchmark score should be the last thing on your mind. With that system you should actually try and play demanding games on high-max settings. Use Fraps or what not to check your FPS.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
September 1, 2008 4:34:35 AM

you didn't enable sli in the software... don't go blaming other things b/c you didn't do your research right....

for one card thats not bad

i currently score a little over 17400 with my system a 4870 and a q9550 @ 3.85
September 1, 2008 5:26:53 AM

have you enabled sli in nvidia control center
September 1, 2008 5:32:08 AM

I got 18,006 with a Q9450 @ 3.6 and a GX2 I duno how much I will get with Quad, but I heard it makes very minimal Difference, which is very unrealistic when it comes to real games:) 
September 1, 2008 4:02:37 PM

yes thogrom, i have my sli turned on, i know how to work my pc otherwise i wouldnt have bought it. and yes spathotan, i can play crysis at recommended settings (click the scan pc button in the game) and it sets everything to high and i manage 35+ fps at 14x9, gears of war everything turned up to its highest and dx10/AA option on and still get over the capped 62fps. i know this because i get alot of tearing and when i enable v-sync it completely goes away and i get constant 60-62 fps. i play bioshock with no problems but i cant check the fps cause theres no in game console, but everything in that game is at its highest and it never stutters or slows down.
September 1, 2008 4:32:00 PM

xxcoop42xx said:
yes thogrom, i have my sli turned on, i know how to work my pc otherwise i wouldnt have bought it. and yes spathotan, i can play crysis at recommended settings (click the scan pc button in the game) and it sets everything to high and i manage 35+ fps at 14x9, gears of war everything turned up to its highest and dx10/AA option on and still get over the capped 62fps. i know this because i get alot of tearing and when i enable v-sync it completely goes away and i get constant 60-62 fps. i play bioshock with no problems but i cant check the fps cause theres no in game console, but everything in that game is at its highest and it never stutters or slows down.


That's not the right level of performance. Benchmarkers get 46.1 fps average at higher resolution and high settings, with shaders at very high. 8800gt sli is basically the same as 9800gt sli. See benchmark:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=13

Your 35 fps at the lower resolution is more in line with a single 8800gt/9800gt. You may have done everything by the book, but performance indicates one card, not 2. There's some kind of hidden problem there.
September 1, 2008 5:23:23 PM

i know, thats what i thought. that 3dmark06 score should be higher with 2 gpu's
September 1, 2008 5:35:11 PM

Im downloading it now to test it out on my new laptop LOL

When i post scores, please tell me if its decent for a laptop
September 1, 2008 5:46:40 PM

XXcoop, this is probably a stupid question, but did you install the SLi bridge? Also one thing to look at here is your motherboard.........its a "dell special" and 650i, so its only running at 8x/8x, maybe even 8x/4x or 16x/4x. Dell locks there BIOS's/settings and tunes down the speed of the lanes on there boards purposely on alot of these. Its worth cehcking the lane speed. Regardless, 650i runs SLi at 8x/8x period, and single cards only run at 8x on alot of them.
September 1, 2008 6:24:50 PM

I got 2876 on my laptop lol ouch
September 1, 2008 6:44:35 PM

spathotan,
yeah the bridge came installed. i didnt build this system. i did choose the components of it though like cpu,gpu,os,hdd size etc... but yeah there is a bridge on my cards and sli is turned on rivatuner, gpu-z and nvidia control panel report sli on.
September 1, 2008 7:21:41 PM

Ok. Well the 650i chipset runs SLi at 8x/8x, so that explains your scores/performance.
September 1, 2008 8:01:47 PM

I got 7173 3Dmark06 on my laptop:D 
September 1, 2008 8:19:19 PM

holy crap what is it / how much
September 1, 2008 9:41:23 PM

Toshiba qosimo X300 9700M GTS 4 gigs, 2.0 ghz Centrino 2. 17.1'
September 1, 2008 10:42:14 PM

:/ 

Im running a toshiba A200, 3gb,t8100 2.1ghz, Ati 2600. Im a bit disappointed. I suppose your card simply smoked me.

new score: 3200
September 2, 2008 12:59:07 AM

Yeah the Card is around as strong as a 9600 GT for a desktop, so I'm pretty happy with it:)  (I overclocked it and it gets slightly better than what my old desktop got with the 9600 GT in Call of duty 4:)  lol So I dunno what to think, the other computer ran AMD 5000+ BE @ 3.24
!