Help with Mitsubishi crt monitor

Theodore

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2002
I just bought a Mitsu 2070 22'' crt monitor. I love it except the text seems a bit blurry. Is it my eyes, or is the brightness too high? I haven't owned a aperture grill monitor before this, so excuse my ignorance. Thanks!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Theodore on 09/26/02 09:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
I have a dp2060u. I notice that if the brightness is set too high text does get blurry and kinda washed out.

To see if you are setting brightness too high, try putting the monitor to sRGB mode (rather dark and reddish compared to your standard 9300K and you can't change the brightness and contrast in this mode which gives you a good reference point if your settings are high). In this mode text should be clear. If this is true, then you are probably setting your brightness too high. If not, then you should reconsider returning it.

YOu should also check your moire settings. Reducing moire will result in defocusing the electron beams, reducing sharpness. Set it the 0% and you'll likely get the sharpest picture at the expense of moire patterns on high rez repeating patterns.

Also, since this is your first AG, your probably used to the arguably better text of a shadow mask.

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.