BigWater 735 or Zalman CNPS 9700

junkfunkydude

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I'm currently running a q6600 SLACR (2.4ghz) at 3.6ghz stable with a Zalman CNPS9700 I'm seeing max temps of 80C or so under P95. I noticed you can buy refurbished liquid cooling systems fairly cheaply. Do you think I'd get any advantage by migrating to a BigWater 735 system? Would it be enough of an advantage to possibly push my CPU a little bit farther?

xaira

Distinguished
according to many people, thermaltake does not know how to liquid cool, the corsair h50 is a good self contained unit, 3.6 is a massive overclock, no more is needed, if you wanna drop temps, lower the voltage or get a proper air cooler, core contact freezer, spire thermax ii, CM V8, true, megahalems, the list goes on

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Thermaltake is known for just absolute junk in their watercooling kits. You will spend $xx and end up replacing it soon once you know how bad it is. Hopefully if you buy TT it won't ruin a few hundred dollars of parts before you trash it.

A beginning watercooling CPU only loop is about $250. You don't want to spend that, look at this site and get a good one. You might also consider your Case cooling, if it's an old 80mm in/out fan case you might think of a new CPU cooler and a new case instead of watercooling.

Site;
http://www.frostytech.com/