Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - Guide v1.6.1

jasonb666

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I was referencing Guide v1.6.1 on your site which appears to be a solid match to my hardware. To be more exact: Intel Quad 2.4ghz Q6600, Asus P5KPL-CM, AMI Bios (v0602, 2/24/09),Two 2gb DDR II 800 Kingston Memory (4gb) and a 512mb Radeon PCIe video card.

I'm a newbie with respect to overclocking. In looking at the screen shots found in Guide v1.6.1 and shots from other articles on the site, it appears my bios is lacking the adjustments necessary to even begin overclocking. Hopefully, I am wrong about this or, at least, there exists a workaround.

Thank you.

randomizer

Champion
They might be in a different menu to the one in the guide. I have an AMI BIOS and my overclocking options are under the Cell Menu (what kind of name is that?). Guides are for reference only, unless you have the same board. But as I can't see your BIOS I can't possibly know where the options are hidden. They may even require a special key combination to unlock, but that's only something I've seen with Gigabyte boards.

Enter the bios.

Select the Advanced menu at the top.

Enter Jumperfree Configuration

Change AI Overclocking to Manual

Have fun

First try FSB 667 its almost a given 3.0 without other tweaks.

Remember to keep an eye on your memory speeds. Overclocking can increase the memory speed, you may need to use memory multipliers to drop memory speed back into spec as you go farther.

jasonb666

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Yeah, I already did that. That's why I came to this site seeking assistance. So how 'bout you KMFA jerk.

jasonb666

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Thank you for the reply NM. I'll give it a shot when I get home and let you know how it goes.

And howcome you didn't find the info needed?

I took a look at your manual and pages 18-19 talks about AI Overclocking,etc.

At any rate, that motherboard has limited OCing options, lol.