Hi, Can anyone tell me how to turn the XP firewall off, it is marked as OFF
on its control panel but in the security centre it marked as ON!
I also get regular messages that is is blocking ntoskrnl.exe which I have
allowed on my prefered Sygate Firewall.
Thanks
Oz

Oz, if you disabled XP's firewall and enabled Sygate Firewall it will show
up as ON in Security Center and OFF in Windows
Firewall. Maybe, check your Sygate settings again.