Cheap & Significant upgrade from AB9 Pro?

Audiovore

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
My current setup is an AB9 Pro, E6600, 4GB of G.Skill RAM, 8600GTS, with two HDs.

I just got an eVGA GTX 280 OC from a friend for cheap. I was also planning on picking up 4 more gigs of ram, and wanted to do RAID-5 with probably 4 of the 1TB seagate drives, and possible up grade to a Q6600(will that be significantly different from the E?)

I will be doing general net, video, music use. Along with Photoshop CS4, and hopefully Crisis at full 30" res?

I haven't kept up on releases since I built my setup, and was wondering if there is a significant mobo upgrade for ~$150 or less out there?

I have several extra motherboards, but haven't been able to move them due to a lack of warranty. Newegg gives you 15 days to test their open box boards out. I recommend a p45 motherboard if you don't need onboard video. I expect newegg to offer several deals in the coming month. Get on their email list if you're not already. I'm currently unemployed, but that won't stop me from standing in line at Fry's on black friday. They used to serve free coffee and donuts, but I haven't been in the last 2 years.