Sign in with
Your question

How to remove write protection on usb stick

Last response: in Storage
January 4, 2010 5:06:02 AM

i am write protection message on my usb stick while i am transferring some data.what can be its solution
a b G Storage
January 6, 2010 6:31:48 AM

I suggest you back up all the data on the usb stick first, then try reformatting it.
m
l
January 11, 2010 12:50:31 PM

I would like to share what worked for me after downloading endless software programs, to try and remove write protection
Try this one out
Just copy and past it into your Browser
http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9....
You will have a winrar, winzip ect… pop up
Unzip to a folder on your desktop
Unzip the zip file, and with your usb flash drive plugged in, run the program
In my case the end result was format failed, I closed the program removed the usb flash drive and then plugged it back in
then windows asked me if I would like to format this device, the windows format WORKED YES YES YES BABY
The flash drive is as good as new.
I hope this helps someone.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2010 10:53:52 AM

it is not working. i tried same process but it is not working
m
l
January 21, 2010 5:16:04 PM

try running the apacer 4 or 5 times before removing the flash drive, then unplug it and plug it back in, hopefully windows will ask you if you would like to format.
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 31, 2010 7:18:02 AM

sirmark75 said:
I would like to share what worked for me after downloading endless software programs, to try and remove write protection
Try this one out
Just copy and past it into your Browser
http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9....
You will have a winrar, winzip ect… pop up
Unzip to a folder on your desktop
Unzip the zip file, and with your usb flash drive plugged in, run the program
In my case the end result was format failed, I closed the program removed the usb flash drive and then plugged it back in
then windows asked me if I would like to format this device, the windows format WORKED YES YES YES BABY
The flash drive is as good as new.
I hope this helps someone.

SirMark,
I just used your little ap and it worked great. I am on business in Cairo, and I needed this thng to work so I could get my travel docs printed in the business center. Thanks!
m
l
!