Crafting Macros

I'm pretty new to the game (Artisan 2-1-1-3, Marksman 3-0-0-2) and I'm using
a macro to level up my surveying. It looks like this

Sample
/sample;
/wait 1000;
/macro sample;

1000 is about how long it takes me to deplete and then regain my action.
Anyway, I've had trouble using this for long periods of time because of
those pop-ups (i.e. A concentration of resources...). I can only do a
little bit before one of these shows up. Does anyone know how to change my
macro so these aren't a problem?

JM

First off, it was announced over the weekend that they'll be getting rid of
Recursive Macros so I don't know how long this will work for.

Simply doing a /sample will continue sampling until you run out of action,
are attacked, or do a posture change of your own. So the macro below
doesn't give you any real benefit over simply clicking sample button or
typing /sample.

What you would need would be something like (and I'm not near my home
machine right now, so the timing is probably off, so take the pauses with a
grain of salt).

/pause 3;
/sample;
/stand;
/pause 30;
/macro samplemacro;

That will get around the boxes (for now). The boxes will still be on the
screen, but they won't stop your sampling. You can just cancel out of the
stack of them when you're back at keyboard again. This will have you stand
only so it's not really efficient on regenerating action, the one I use
personally due to very low action regen is more complicated in that I stand,
then sit, then stand again and loop to the sample. I think it's necessary
to stand to break the sample though, I don't think you can go straight to a
sit or prone... You may want to play around with that a little.

Ovos
28 down, 4 to go

"Jacob Miller" <jmiller1026@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I'm pretty new to the game (Artisan 2-1-1-3, Marksman 3-0-0-2) and I'm
using
> a macro to level up my surveying. It looks like this
>
> Sample
> /sample;
> /wait 1000;
> /macro sample;
>
> 1000 is about how long it takes me to deplete and then regain my action.
> Anyway, I've had trouble using this for long periods of time because of
> those pop-ups (i.e. A concentration of resources...). I can only do a
> little bit before one of these shows up. Does anyone know how to change
my
> macro so these aren't a problem?
>
> JM

"Jacob Miller" <jmiller1026@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I'm pretty new to the game (Artisan 2-1-1-3, Marksman 3-0-0-2) and I'm
using
> a macro to level up my surveying. It looks like this
>
> Sample
> /sample;
> /wait 1000;
> /macro sample;
>
> 1000 is about how long it takes me to deplete and then regain my
action.
> Anyway, I've had trouble using this for long periods of time because
of
> those pop-ups (i.e. A concentration of resources...). I can only do a
> little bit before one of these shows up. Does anyone know how to
change my
> macro so these aren't a problem?

What I did was set up a macro that was something like this:

quick_sample
/kneel; /pause 1;
/sample; /pause 5;
/sit; /pause <x>;
/macro quick_sample;

The <x> is replaced with the amount of time it takes to replace the
action you burn by doing one sample. I set this up not knowing about
the pop-ups, but becaues it is actually faster to get resources than
just by doing the simple /sample method. If you use it, check the
times - I'm not sure if the /pause 5 is long enough to finish the sample
(I haven't used this since I was able to afford/make my own harvesters).

- Oalan