cross18

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Howdy, i ended up building my new comp in about 2.5 hours this evening before i went into work. It was only my second full build and i have to admit i was proud of how fast i put it together and how nicely it was wired compared to my other pc lol.

I just had a question on what i should do with thte BIOS when its started up, i went through and check everything but i wanted to make sure that it recognizes all my RAM and everything.

My system is:
Antec Nine Hundred case
Western Digital Hard Drive 500GB Sata
750w modular power supply, i actually forget which brand lol, im at work sorry
Corsair 4gb DDR2 800 Ram
Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 MB
Vista 64-bit
Xigmatek 120mm rifle cooler
Sapphire 4870 512mb
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Thats everything, how do you think it will do with gaming and everything, im debating on getting another 4870 and xfiring it all, the air flow in the case is really nice, the 900 is a great case and with the rifle cooler while having the pc on for about 10mins the cpu temp was at 25c(hope thats good). Just wanted to know about the bios and the overall build, i cant wait to get home in the morning and get stuff installed on it. Thanks

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Clear cmos, load bios defaults and set up date. That's it.

Install os, drivers, updates & a few games. If you feel the need for more fps, get another hd4870.

cross18

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Is there any reason why the computer would just shut down, i started downloading some patches for games i installed and then went to bed. When i woke up the computer was off for some reason and when i went to start it is just kept going on and off until i held the power button down to shut it off. Then it started right up, is this some feature with vista or my power supply i just dont know about, the case is very cool, so i dont think its an overheated issue. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS