Sign in with
Your question

The volume attears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.

Last response: in Storage
January 4, 2010 6:33:11 PM

I have a Dell dimension 8400 with 2 160 gb hard drives in a raid setup running Windows XP.

I got a blue screen and now I can't get windows to load. I have tried the recovery console using chkdsk but it gets to 1% and says "the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems".

I have a Western Digital My Book but when I try to install Windows on it it will not install.

I also have an old IDE hard drive but I can't get it hooked up right.

I was hoping to install windows on another drive and attempt to recover some of the data.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
January 4, 2010 7:29:49 PM

RAID 0 or RAID 1? If RAID 1, hook one of the drives to the motherboard and boot to a UBCD4Win CD and run chkdsk on the drive in question...If RAID 0, leave the drives alone and boot to the UBCD4Win CD, press F6 when prompted and inject the RAID controller driver like you would when installing Windows, run chkdsk after booting. You will need the driver on a floppy disk and a drive...
m
l
January 4, 2010 10:26:33 PM

Windows repair does not work. It is set up as a RAID 0 with no floppy drive. Im not sure what the UBCD4Win CD is. Is that the Operating System CD? Thanks for your responses!
m
l
!