Check Disk Issues

timw128

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello- I am experiencing this ongoing issue with the Windows XP Check Disk function. I'll try to be as accurate as I can in portraying the sequence of events that lead to this problem. First, there are a couple of utility programs I use to keep everything neat and tidy on my XP machine. These programs are Tune Up Utilities 2011 and Auslogics Boost Speed. For the most part, I just let the pre-scheduled maintenance functions on these programs run accordingly. The quick scan feature on the Auslogics program has lately been finding one (1) disk error per scan. With both of the above programs, there are advanced functions that let you do tasks such as clean disks and registry, repair disk(s) and defrag both the registry and hard disk. One of the functions requests a reboot upon completion, and when so doing the Windows Check Disc feature is engaged. This is a long and tedious task that wastes my time. Furthermore, there is a count down timer on the ChkDsk that is supposed to terminate the process by 'hitting any key' on the keyboard. Well, this doesn't work! When the Disk Check is complete and the machine goes through its boot sequence, it stops at a black page and a highlighted area asks if you want to start Windows normally. If you hit enter, it just sends it back through the ChkDsk loop. Another thing that is occurring is that if you want to reboot after doing any particular task, it wants to run the ChkDsk again.
The only way i can get it to stop this is to a) do a hard shut down, or b) repeatedly hit the F8 key during boot sequence and choose the option to go to 'last known good config'. Is there someone out there who could please help me out with this problem? I do not think it is anything too serious, as the machine functions very well, other than a 'Missing MUI Reference' when running CCleaner.
I thank all in advance for any viable solutions to this issue I am having. :??:
Regards-
TimW

He's been that way ever since he found out that the female cat he went out on a "date" with had been spayed. He was so looking forward to seeing all them kittens... :cry:

BadKitty.jpg