My ocz ram is running at 633 instead of 800

how can i get myr am to where its supposed to be at i changed the voltage and everythign the timings are set corectly but there still running at 633
14 answers Last reply
More about running
  1. Change your ram frequency to 400Mhz which in turn is 800MHZ DDR2
  2. i ahve them all set to 400mhz in bios it shows my ram all at 800 but i have gskill and ocz my g skill is running at 800 but the ocz isnt according to everest
  3. so you are mixing modules?
  4. yes is that a problem cuz i thought it didnt matter
  5. not really as long as they are both the same speed....

just make sure you see all 4 dims runing at the same speed.... download CPU-Z and check the timings
  6. ok this is what its showing me
    dram frequency 245.6 mhz
    fsb:dram cpu/11
    cas latensy 4.0 clocks
    trcd 4 clcoks
    trp 4 clocks
    tras 12 clocks
    trc 16 clocks
    comand rate is 2t

thanks for your help i tried to find the right settings on ocz but i had no luck found some reviews on neweeg that said i basickly had to overclock the ram to get 800
  7. the frequency is wrong... it should say 400Mhz or at least around that number....
  8. i cant set it any higher in the bios it wont let me in the bios its at 400 mhz so idk what to do i gave it more voltage the voltage it supposed to have but it still stays the same
  9. 400Mhz DRAM frequency = 800MHZ DDR2
  10. so basically if your DRAM freq says 400 then you are fine, if you want a bit more speed then raise the FSB
  11. ok but why are all these prgrams saying my g skill is at 800 but the ocz isnt but the bios is saying thre both at the same speed everythign i have tested says ocz is at 633
  12. Because all 4 modules have to be 800MHZ in order for them to run at that rated speed, if 2 of the 4 sticks are 533Mhz or lower then you cannot run all 4 sticks at 800MHZ
  13. Private message me.....
  14. OvrClkr said:
    Private message me.....

hello thanks again for all your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM OCZ Overclocking