Missing DLL's after a virus wipe

mercifulfate2

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I have an ACER Aspire one model KAV60 I think also called AOD250.

XP home edition
SP3
cpu 1.6
1 gig of ram
150 gig hard drive with 128 gigs free

My daughter picked up a few nastys by going to anime and nuruto web sites to watch videos. It had everything from trogens to antiwalware doctor. It took creating another admin account and cleaning from there then running rkill and combo fix on the normal user account to get rid of everything. There may have been about 10-15 virus's. I had to add the Microsoft Secuirty Essentials Definitions manually because for some reason now even with a connection MSE wont update the definitions as scheduled. It keeps saying it can not connect. The other issue is that when the computer boots and logs in there are two DLL's reported missing by the machine. I have searched for what those two are and I have found nothing as to what they are or what they do. I am now assuming they may have been removed by combofix as part of the virus's and there might be a regerstry entry that is causeing the report.

I need to find a couple of things out.

First why can MSE not get the virus definitions even with a connect??
Second what are these two DLL's AWAMIHUDUSIBO.DLL CLGFXP2.DLL ??
third how do I get the machine to boot without having the missing DLL report come up every time??

Thank you

I've never heard of either of those DLL's. They are probably from the malware. Install ccleaner, and run the registry tool. You may need to run it several times to resolve all the issues.

Once done with that, insert your XP disc (if you have one), go to start-->run-->sfc /scannow-->this will scan your system for missing or damaged system files, and replace them.