bleach

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Well, i have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition(if that means anything to you, the mobo is maxed out anyways, no OC.)

the cpu is running a X15 MUILT (X16 stock.), I'm knocking a Nexxtech Silicone comp with the stock cooler. I hear (read) that Arctic Silver 5, makes a big difference, true or false?

The temps are based off 3 software temp gauges, BIOS, and external hardware temp monitor, and surprisingly(or shocking, take your pick.) their all very consent.(+/- 1-2C)

Brand New paste:
idle-40-45C

under 80% load-55-65C

100%60-68C (with a high of 72C :eek: )

Mobo temp-30-35C

The next morning:
idle-35-40C

under 80% load-50-55C

100%55-60C (with a high of 62C )

Mobo temp-28-30C

Now ether the paste needed to cure first(the package said nothing.), or their is a Computer Cooling Fairy and it visited me last night. :lol:

Now, I will be getting a better mobo (I'm stuck with a ASUS MV2NPV-VM.) I will be OC'ing so if that is the temps now, i should get a better cooler.

Size/Noise, I don't care about as long as it dose it job.(No, water coolers as nice as they are i have a small budget, no more then $100 not including the TAX/Shipping.)

bleach

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Thank you for the info on the cooler.

What sound dampening material are you using and how good is it? i have one very noisy server, i like to shut it up.(and this is coming from a deaf person.)

Conumdrum- do you have a build thread for you WC system? i always like to see what parts are used and i'm looking at the next computer, that i build will have WC system.