cbrdsm

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
I'm in need of a new desktop and it's been a while since I've built a PC, so I was hoping for some advice. I'm wanting to stay around $1000. The primary use of the computer will be sim racing. I'm using a Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition which splits the graphics output to 3 19" monitors. I don't believe that it supports SLI or Crossfire, so I don't have a need for that. I play other games as well. I also do a little work in Photoshop, 3dsMax and some video editing. I do very little video editing, but would like firewire support. Below is my newegg wishlist, hopefully you all can see it. Let me know if you see anything I should change, or if you need any further information. Thanks in advance for your input.
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/P...shListNumber=10353308&WishListTitle=simracing

cbrdsm

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Just reading through this forum for a couple of hours has been a great deal of help. Thanks for the suggestions, I've updated my wish list. Any other suggestions? I plan on making the purchase tomorrow. Thanks again.

cbrdsm

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
That's what I figured, I think it was $6 cheaper for the DDR2 800. I'll bring my lunch to work tomorrow to make up the difference :) Thanks again for taking the time to look through my list. I will be pulling the trigger first thing in the morning.