Acer Aspire 4535G no screen display if no another monitor connected

Sruon Bieng

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Could you help me, please? My laptop Acer aspire 4535g no screen display when power on but it's OK when connect to another monitor (both are perfect). Thanks...

Now that's interesting. I really can't imagine what might cause that. Could you be a bit clearer on what is happening?

When there is no second monitor attached and start the laptop, do you get any screens at all before it goes dark? Make sure that your laptop is NOT hibernating but is doing a full cold boot.

If you do get some BIOS screens OK then I would say it's simply a settings issue. You have assigned the other screen as the main screen in the driver software.

Sruon Bieng

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012

When there is no second monitor attached and start the laptop couldn't boot and/or access the widow.
Note: I waited for several minutes,up to 4-5 minutes until the windows finish the start up, then I tried to shut down it but do not (press window key and 1 right arrow key then enter). do not get any screen at all before and not hibernating, I tried to turn off/on monitor (press key FN and F6) .

1. With no external monitor, there is power but no indication that windows is booting at all.

2. With an external monitor attached, it boots normally and can be used, both screens are visible.

I just looked up your laptop, this is a Linux laptop? or windows 7?

I think you need to reset your BIOS to factory defaults. I suspect something has changed there.