Can Pistoleer cut it?

I have no interest in PvP, finding pleasure in the game from the guild
hunts and general leveling. I am working on mastering Commando and
enjoy the heavy weapons, and love to do lairs like Geo lab. My
question is, if I worked towards master Pistoleer when I was done
Comando, would I still have the punch to go toe to toe with the bigger
nasties in the game? Or has the flamethrower spoiled me. Thanks guys.

Ben

We are underpowered, have mostly broken specials, and have no real speed
advantage, so I would say no until the Combat Rebalance.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovny

"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have no interest in PvP, finding pleasure in the game from the guild
> hunts and general leveling. I am working on mastering Commando and
> enjoy the heavy weapons, and love to do lairs like Geo lab. My
> question is, if I worked towards master Pistoleer when I was done
> Comando, would I still have the punch to go toe to toe with the bigger
> nasties in the game? Or has the flamethrower spoiled me. Thanks guys.
>
> Ben

"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have no interest in PvP, finding pleasure in the game from the guild
> hunts and general leveling. I am working on mastering Commando and
> enjoy the heavy weapons, and love to do lairs like Geo lab. My
> question is, if I worked towards master Pistoleer when I was done
> Comando, would I still have the punch to go toe to toe with the bigger
> nasties in the game? Or has the flamethrower spoiled me. Thanks guys.

I think flamethrower has spoiled you. Pistoleers main advantages are
speed and accuracy, which every profession gets at master. The specials
are mostly broken, most of them hit random pools, and are weak compared
to other weapons. As a pistoleer, you get an AP1 acid pistol, AP1
energy pistol (with autobleed), AP0 heat and AP0 stun. Pistol whip is
kind of cool though ;)

If you are enjoying commando, I would suggest you stick with it until
you get bored. Pistoleer does no damage when compared to a
flamethrower.

- Oalan