GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L mobo and G.Skill memory

youngsatchmo

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
I am about to order the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L mobo and G.Skills F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B memory (2x2GB) modules from Newegg.

Are they compatible? When I checked the Gigabyte site, it did not list the G.Skills memory as being compatible. Has anyone had this combo working well together? Any stability issues?

Thanks in advance.

bilbat

Splendid
There's a GREAT Gigabyte forum over at:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69
I've heard that Gb boards, in general, 'like' Mushkin RAM. Not to say others' WON"T work, just that Mushkins seem to take less fiddling with, and if you ARE willing to fiddle, might OC better. I'm planning a new workstation, and was going to buy 8Gb OCZ 1066 as it was a little cheaper, & they seem to have good support (especially at NewEgg) but, it seemed to me, I'd GLADLY pay $15 a stick to cut several hours of cursing at the BIOS while tweaking.

G

I've always used Gigabyte boards and G.Skill memory. Never had any issue whatsoever. I doubt this will be a problem either. If you really want to know, hop over to G.Skill's website and ask in their forum, one of the mods will be able to answer your question within a day or 2.