Need I/O Shield for Intel D865GVHZ

emackn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Bought a OEM D865GVHZ board and it came without the CPU fan bracket and I/O shield. I managed to pull the bracket from a dead board, but the I/O shield has proved very very difficult to find. Most places now are intent on gouging consumers between 25 - 40 dollars on a thin piece of aluminum. The INTEL part no is A54319-001 and does turn up on some google searches, but it's either "out of stock" or way overpriced. If anyone has one of these they dont need I could certainly use it.
SIDB8015_L.jpg

Thanks.

Find a biostar motherboard that uses the same i/0 shield. Many are identical. Looks like yours is one of the most common configurations. If you email biostar and give them the board number, they will send you one for free. You can pay them back by buying a biostar board next time. Service is important; Intel isn't the best anymore. Some of the lesser branded boards are actually as good or better.

emackn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

How would I go about that? What tools would you recommend? Since it's obvious that you've done this, could you be a bit more informative about your DIY suggestion.

emackn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

Thank you for the idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. I had a bunch from older motherboards and tried them all but wasn't sure what to even search on. So far, I've found that biostar and gigabyte have a similar i/o shield. I emailed biostar but haven't heard back from them, so hopefully, they can hook me up.

Again, thanks for the suggestion.

I didn't give you a biostar match as I wanted you to look for yourself. Newegg and computer geeks are good for checking out boards. It's the least you can do to get a free backplate (checking out the biostar lineup). Newegg is the best for photos. Use the contact info on biostar's website.