BDillingham

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
MB: GA-MA78GM-S2h
RAM: Crucial 2x2 Ballistix kit
CPU: AMD 9850 black
HDD: WD caviar 320gig
--------------------------------
Posted fine then tried 2 load windows XP and after a few mins of loading it crashed with the stop code 0x0000007b which is a hard drive error i found out. Upon reboot it would keep getting stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. If somone could shed some light on why this would do this please help. Every PC i have built i have never had 2 adjust the bios 2 accept a HDD. Im so lost a nice step by step would be great. Thanks

Brendan Dillingham

BDillingham

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
i mean it fired up to the gigabyte splash page fine then when i poped in the windows cd it messed up half way thru the load

BDillingham

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
the PSU i assume is power supply unit? if so its a 500watt Coolermaster. if u mean processor its a 9850 AMD black edition. I dont own vista = ( im a broke college kid lol. ill look into the BIOS voltages and see if there is anything i can change.

G

having this too. what do we have in common? I have gigabyte ga-e7aum motherboard, 4GB corsair ram (2x2GB), LG GGC-H20L bluray optical drive, WD 1TB green hdd...?

botox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
You're dealing with an ACHI issue. You probably got a message in the POST screen, asking you to enable ACHI mode for SATA. If you choose yes, Windows will show you an 0x0000007B error.

Resetting the BIOS and ignoring the question (by choosing 'No' in POST screen) will resolve your issue. You can do this with a jumper (a tiny piece of plastic with metal inside). Do this when your PC has no power (unplug it) and inserting the jumper on the motherboard. Location is near the CMOS battery (large and round battery, you can't miss it). Alternatively you can use a screwdriver to short the two pins and reset the BIOS. But do this at your own risk, I prefer a jumper.

bilbat

Splendid
The ideal setup is a pair of spst pushbuttons on your front panel, connected in series to the reset pins; having a pair prevents accidental resets as you must deliberately push both, but saves a huge amount od time when you're tweaking, as you needn't open the case...

(bottom panel, outside edges - I also sand off the button to make it harder to press)
frontpanel.jpg

yapuka78

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
having this too. what do we have in common? I have gigabyte ga-e7aum motherboard, 4GB corsair ram (2x2GB), LG GGC-H20L bluray optical drive, WD 1TB green hdd...?

Hello, By any chance, have you been able to solve your problem ? I have exactly the same issue with the same motherboard and a 1TB Samsung ecogreen HD. Thanks a lot.

G

same problem with gigabyte Ga-ma785gm-us2h. Installed windows7 twice runs for a while after a couple reboots same message Verifying DMI Pool Data and hangs there forever,running in native ide mode, clear cmos and install windows again for entertainment. I'll stick with ASUS mobos, no time for this Gigabyte junk!! , seems like this board will be a piece of crap no matter what.

TRENDING THREADS