Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking Acer Netbook

Last response: in Overclocking
October 10, 2009 5:07:39 AM

I have a netbook with an Atom Z520 processor.The bois gives me less then nothing, the only thing it lets u do is set boot priority . I have tried clockgen and one other windows based utility but have had no luck, i keep getting a PLL not supported error message. Can anyone please tell me if my attempt to overclock this is a lost cause or if i juse havent found the rite program.
October 10, 2009 5:09:09 AM

Its absolutley a lost cause. you could try setfsb.... but realistily I wouldnt waste my time on a laptop
m
l
October 10, 2009 5:32:03 AM

Setfsb was the other one i tried. Therre arent any others that may support my pll?
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 8:41:51 AM

The pll is mosly unsupported. Particularly the chips with dynamic FSB. And integrated pci northbridges. It would be needed to have a way to adjust each clock engine with very small adjustments. And then test them. But with variable clocks and voltages. Doing so would prove to be difficult.

I have tried numerous times with clockgen and setfsb with pll's that worked with n260's or similar chipsets. Only to have the system lock up or reboot. It is currently highly likely to perminantly damage these systems. Atleast until someone finds a way to overclock them.

For the most part, many developers have given up on overclocking atoms with these features. Though i feel an atom @3.2gfx with integrated gfx and a good pci-e card. would be awesome. Can't wait for multicore atoms to hit the market!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 16, 2011 2:20:01 AM

You can overclock that netbook and I got a friend that has overclocked his to 2.4ghz but atom netops often overheat very quickly at such clocks but it isn't worth it. FSB only and you will have to aim for clocks that are stable but 2ghz is the most you might get for stability.
m
l
!