Sign in with
Your question

How do I merge 10GB unallocated memory with the main part of the HDD?

Last response: in Storage
January 7, 2010 10:41:43 PM

This is my Hard Drive - http://i46.tinypic.com/2hd8go2.png

Basically, there is 10GB of unallocated space that used to be Recovery - however I got rid of the Recovery and now it is just unallocated. How to I merge this space with the "Tom's Drive" part?

Also as a side question, shall I just leave the two partitions on the end as it is? Is it really worth getting rid of them or are they there for a reason?

Thank you very much.
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
January 7, 2010 11:51:11 PM

1. Use partitioning software to add the 10.0GB unallocated partition (you'll probably have to format it) to Toms' Drive
2. You can then add the 2.50GB partition to the Tom's Drive.
3. I do not understand your side question.

Free (for home use) partitioning software: Easeus
January 8, 2010 12:16:38 AM

Problem Solved! I used "EASEUS Partition Master"

This is by far the best programme when it comes to partitions, so easy to use (although I haven't used any others lol)

The side question was, there are 4 partitions on this HDD. I merged the unallocated space, but now shall I leave the other 2? Do they do anything?
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
January 8, 2010 12:27:50 AM

Great!

They are taking up storage space for which you paid; they do not appear to be formatted, so your OS may not "see" them. I would try to add them to "Tom's Drive." Try adding the 2.50 GB partition first.

Then try to add the 102 MB. The thing is most HDDs >750 GB have a 64 MB buffer memory, which you cannot add to another partition. That 102 MB partition MAY BE your HDD's buffer memory.
August 16, 2012 8:53:16 AM

Besides Easeus Partition Master, AOMEI Partition Assistant is also a great software, I just finished installing the new Crucial 240 SSD into my Dell laptop and it booted up without any hiccups and everything works fine!

So I trust this software and very enthusiastic. I become their faithful user, so I think someone else could also get benefit from this software: http://www.disk-partition.com/
!