wookie armour

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:48:11 +0100, "David Cherry"
<david.cherry@empyrion> wrote:

>So what do people think of the new armour?

I dunno. I haven't been able to find any on Valcyn. :(

it looks ugly to me...i mean yeah wookies are supposed to be like into using
nature i guess..bones and horns and such but comon even chewie had a metal
bowcaster and bandolieer..lol

so there should be some sort of composite for wookies too..perhaps more
predatorish looking with mesh and cruder looking metals...after all he was
the falcons mechanic and could fix 3po in a jail cell...lol..so they arent
un tech savy..

but thats just me..u may love it..lol

KROM

"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> So what do people think of the new armour?

I have posted this before, Wookie armor is stupid.
I also do not think that all Humans and all other races. should be able to
wear composite armor either. I think that certain professions should give
the certification to where that type of armor.

"KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> it looks ugly to me...i mean yeah wookies are supposed to be like into
using
> nature i guess..bones and horns and such but comon even chewie had a metal
> bowcaster and bandolieer..lol
>
> so there should be some sort of composite for wookies too..perhaps more
> predatorish looking with mesh and cruder looking metals...after all he was
> the falcons mechanic and could fix 3po in a jail cell...lol..so they arent
> un tech savy..
>
> but thats just me..u may love it..lol
>
> KROM
>
> "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> > So what do people think of the new armour?

There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are still
100% true in 'my' Star Wars.

Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already, they'd
just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a sweater, a
leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.

Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted men.
They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take off
thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't get
psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the bunks for
lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovny

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 11:37:26 -0400, "Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote:

>I have posted this before, Wookie armor is stupid.
>I also do not think that all Humans and all other races. should be able to
>wear composite armor either. I think that certain professions should give
>the certification to where that type of armor.

So how do you propose to make the creatures we hunt fair and
"Huntable" to those who have no armor like the Wookiees used to have?

I am on a new kick... If the game HAS to be BALANCED for PvP then it
better damned well be balanced for PvE as well!

<SNIP>

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:31:13 -0700, "Anthony Giampa"
<Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote:

>There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are still
>100% true in 'my' Star Wars.
>
>Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already, they'd
>just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a sweater, a
>leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.
>
>Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted men.
>They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take off
>thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't get
>psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the bunks for
>lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.
>
>--

Ummm.......

You never did any time in the military did you?

That's the whole purpose of uniforms and uniformity..... so you loose
your individualism and work together as a team.

Not to mention that a group of soldiers just looks neater and more
organized when they are all dressed alike.

Umm... I'm not talking about when they are IN uniform. Unless they were also
mentally altered (which could be true, but don't make me find ways around my
argument, please), you would probably get messed up seeing dudes you know
look 100% identical to you dying. They'd all have nightmares of seeing
'themselves' dying.

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are still
> 100% true in 'my' Star Wars.
>
> Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already, they'd
> just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a sweater,
> leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.
>
> Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted
men.
> They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take
off
> thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't get
> psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the bunks
for
> lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.

> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovny
>

> "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> > So what do people think of the new armour?

Well, there's nothing in the Trilogy that states they AREN'T clones
either.....
If you don't want to wear armor that's fine, but for those of us who do....

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:17:06 -0700, "Anthony Giampa"
<Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote:

>Umm... I'm not talking about when they are IN uniform. Unless they were also
>mentally altered (which could be true, but don't make me find ways around my
>argument, please), you would probably get messed up seeing dudes you know
>look 100% identical to you dying. They'd all have nightmares of seeing
>'themselves' dying.
>
>--

Believe me......

When you see your friends dieing in combat it definatly messes you up.

<<there's nothing in the Trilogy that states they AREN'T clones
either.....>>

True, except that they are all different hieght, all have different
voices... they all don't shoot like Jango Fett should...

"Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> > There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are still
> > 100% true in 'my' Star Wars.
> >
> > Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already,
they'd
> > just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a
sweater,
> > leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.
> >
> > Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted
> men.
> > They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take
> off
> > thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't
get
> > psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the bunks
> for
> > lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.
> >
> > --
> >
> > --
> > Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> > In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> > protective species list,
> > not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a
douchebag." --
> > David Duchovny
> >

> > "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> > > So what do people think of the new armour?
> > >

> Well, there's nothing in the Trilogy that states they AREN'T clones
> either.....
> If you don't want to wear armor that's fine, but for those of us who
do....

I thought Creatures are supposed to be hard?
Second I was not just knocking wookie armor, I was knocking all of it.

I will probably get people made but I think Buffs are stupid also.

"Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote in news:wLmcndiZCMUT7YrcUSdV9g@ptd.net:

> I thought Creatures are supposed to be hard?
> Second I was not just knocking wookie armor, I was knocking all of it.
>
> I will probably get people made but I think Buffs are stupid also.

I agree with one condition: all NPCs should have same HAM limits as regular
players, i.e. Dark Stormtroopers being humans cannot exceed 1100 in any of
the stats. Lol.

I had an idea that any weapon should not do enough damage by itself to kill
in several shots. But player's proficiency with the weapon, especially
accuracy, should give a chance for "critical hit" which would do
significantly more damage than regular. Specials should be left for just
state effects and targeting specific part of the body (gives higher chance
but does not guarantee to hit a particular body part). At master you
should get high enough accuracy to almost always hit the body part you
aimed at and to have enough critical hits to deal with certain level of
creatures/NPCs. Ideal range and range mods would affect accuracy and hence
everything else. I think, head shot should be as possible to do for
pistoleer at 10m as it is for rifleman at 50m with the same effect.

Why would I disagree to that?

> <<there's nothing in the Trilogy that states they AREN'T clones
> either.....>>
>
> True, except that they are all different hieght, all have different
> voices... they all don't shoot like Jango Fett should...

> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovny
>

> "Rob McCartney" <robmac1701e@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> > > There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are
still
> > > 100% true in 'my' Star Wars.
> > >
> > > Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already,
> they'd
> > > just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a
> sweater,
> > > leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.
> > >
> > > Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are
enlisted
> > men.
> > > They are all different people, who have individual faces when they
take
> > off
> > > thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't
> get
> > > psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the
bunks
> > for
> > > lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > --
> > > Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> > > In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> > > protective species list,
> > > not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a
> douchebag." --
> > > David Duchovny
> > >

> > > "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> > > >

> > Well, there's nothing in the Trilogy that states they AREN'T clones
> > either.....
> > If you don't want to wear armor that's fine, but for those of us who
> do....

"Jango Fett" didn't even exist back in 1976 while George was making the
movies... (neither did Yoda or Ewoks, all were created by means of necessity
while writing over 30 years)...though I would suspect that when the Trilogy
comes out on DVD in September with "new and enhanced footage" that Temuera
Morrison's voice may be heard as all the troopers....

A hint to suggest that the troopers ARE clones would be that almost all of
them are left handed...a trait pretty rare among humans, by a purely
numerical basis (there are a few exceptions to this throughout the Trilogy,
but look closely, the majority of them are, so George may have either hired
ALLOT of left handed actors, or directed them to be left handed...giving a
meaning to them.

Also, George himself stated in a featurette on the Episode II DVD that he
wanted Jango to bump his head when entering Slave I as a sign that
clumsiness was passed down through his clones...as the stormtrooper in
Episode IV also bumps his head breaking into the locked control room where
3PO & R2 are hiding....so technically...George says it's so.....

:)
This, of course, is meant in fun as they are just movies and a video
game....don't take life too seriously....

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:21:30 -0400, "Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote:

>I am not arguing about the difficulty of the game.
>
>I am arguing the fact that things can be adjusted.
>
>Get ride of the buffs that Doctors charge 12k for and requires me to stand
>in line for a long period of time.
>The game should adjust our abilities accordingly.
>
>Get ride of the stupid Encumbrance for Armor, I hate that. Again, all I
>have to do is get Buffed and I can put the armor on anyway.
>
>Again I think that there should be certifications for armor just like
>weapons certifications so that not everybody in the game is wearing
>composite Armor.

It was like that in the beginning.... till the PvP whining started the
nerf wars.

It's like this... I have to have good armor to stand up to the attacks
that the higher level (No, not just Rancors) creatures deal out.
Somehow I think that a Crimson Razorcat was meant to be solo hunted!
If not then I want the goddamned Developers to make a definative
statement on the level of creatures and what levels we are supposed to
expect to hunt solo. Then I will drcide on whether to stay in this
game.

I HAVE to have the buffs to be able to wear the armor AND to use the
special shots cause without them I cannot do enoough damge to
creatures in order to kill them before they kill me! It's a viacious
circle that I do not mind at all.... It's when they upset the balance
that irritates me!

<SNIP>

thats like saying people who do come with hair all over their bodies in many
ways..
(except we shave) shouldn't wear clothing on the parts of bodies with hair.
I know my friend has a female wookie and aside from the waist, you can't
tell the difference really between her and the males..
really really nice to try to get tips as a wookie dancer when you can't wear
cute outfits..
She should have the CHOICE whether to wear female outfits or not it
shouldn't be race specific..
I mean after all its not real life it's a game! they don't have to be all
the realistic anyway...
C.

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> There are two things I though of in Episode IV that in my mind are still
> 100% true in 'my' Star Wars.
>
> Wookies never wear armor, or even clothes. Covered in fur already, they'd
> just get super hot. I'd bet it's like a person wearing a vest, a sweater,
> leather jacket, a rain coat, a poncho, and then putting armor on.
>
> Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted
men.
> They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take
off
> thier helmets. They get off-time and leave from duty. Also they don't get
> psychologically F'ed up when they all head to the showers, or the bunks
for
> lights-out, and ALL LOOK IDENTICAL.

> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovny
>

> "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
> > So what do people think of the new armour?

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message

> Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are not clones. They are enlisted
men.
> They are all different people, who have individual faces when they take
off
> thier helmets.

I don't recall seeing any Stormtroopers without helmets in the original
trilogy. How can you be sure they have individual faces?

<<I don't recall seeing any Stormtroopers without helmets in the original
trilogy. How can you be sure they have individual faces?>>

How can I be sure? I can't. I tells you, I just assumed that they were all
different men. As I said, noticeably there are varying heights in the men
themselves. I just always imagined them as guys who signed up, like our
military... or maybe were drafted as the result of thier homeworld being
taken over, what have you. There's a thousand possibilities. I never thought
they were clones until after AOTC. But anyhow, why stop at Stormtroopers? I
mean, all the officers are different looking... why should it be any
different? Why not clone Moff Tarkin, Admiral Piett, or General Veers, and
place them in all the officer commands?

Here's a little something, if they are clones, why not clone the Emperor, or
Anakin? Dumb them up... engineer them to not want to take over the galaxy
for themselves, and you have the most powerful force that ever existed.

> A hint to suggest that the troopers ARE clones would be that almost all of
> them are left handed...>

That would explain why they were such lousy shots.

Anthony Giampa wrote:

> <<I don't recall seeing any Stormtroopers without helmets in the original
> trilogy. How can you be sure they have individual faces?>>
>
> How can I be sure? I can't. I tells you, I just assumed that they were all
> different men. As I said, noticeably there are varying heights in the men
> themselves. I just always imagined them as guys who signed up, like our
> military... or maybe were drafted as the result of thier homeworld being
> taken over, what have you. There's a thousand possibilities. I never thought
> they were clones until after AOTC. But anyhow, why stop at Stormtroopers? I
> mean, all the officers are different looking... why should it be any
> different? Why not clone Moff Tarkin, Admiral Piett, or General Veers, and
> place them in all the officer commands?
>
> Here's a little something, if they are clones, why not clone the Emperor, or
> Anakin? Dumb them up... engineer them to not want to take over the galaxy
> for themselves, and you have the most powerful force that ever existed.

Maybe that *was* the original plan.

On the other hand, do you notice that only humans are in charge? That
clones don't hold naval officer positions? The clones keep the naval
officers in line, and the officers keep the clones in line. That way,
it's harder for either set to rebel and seize power for themselves.

Remember, the Emperor's right hand man is actively looking to gain an
apprentice and kill his master. If that's the relationship he has with
his closest loyalist, imagine how much less he trusts everyone else.

CH

http://www.ardice.com/Arts/Movies/Titles/S/Star_Wars_Movies/Characters/Admiral_Piett/