Sign in with
Your question

my sound card doesn't fit into my computer case..need help,plz

Last response: in Components
October 24, 2008 8:56:13 AM

hi!everyone
my Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series can't fit into my armor va8000b full tower case. please help me. i already call Creative customer service,they do not sell the metal bar of the sound card. my friend told me i should modify my pc case but i do know how. anyone know where i can buy a universal metal bar(if there is one on the market) for sound card,plz let me know. thank you in advance.

Eddie
October 24, 2008 9:55:39 AM

Welcome to the fourms!

What do you think is stoping your sound card from fitting in your case?
As long as your motherboard is mounted in the propper orientation, there should be no issues.
Try removing the plastic tool-less retention clips and see if it fits then.
October 24, 2008 3:06:47 PM

pics would be nice, I cant imagine what the problem could be...
Related resources
October 24, 2008 3:31:47 PM

i like to hear or see a pic of this. a sound card not fitting in a full tower case. i never seen the x-fi before but i doubt its a big or long card right?
October 24, 2008 3:51:37 PM

I have the same sound card as you and I really can't see how it would not fit .... especially with a full tower ! Like others have said it would be nice to see some pics.
October 24, 2008 5:48:08 PM

PEBKAC?
October 24, 2008 6:23:10 PM

Do you mean the VA8000BWS?

How could a sound card not possibly fit in that huge thing? The metal bars in the armor series are right below the PSU so it can't possibly be blocking any of the pci or pci-e slots.

October 24, 2008 6:33:16 PM

thanks for everybody for quick responses. i tried again this morning and got my sound card 95% fit into the slot . but here comes another question, does it has to be 100% into slot on the motherboard? thanks

i might wanna re-install my motherboard and try. i am kinda confused too that my soundcard doesn't fit into a full tower case.thank you again
October 24, 2008 6:38:58 PM

How does it not fit?! You are saying that it doesn't go into the slot all the way... Did you install the stand-offs before installing your motherboard. Pictures certainly would help.
October 25, 2008 3:54:20 PM

eddyyong66 said:
thanks for everybody for quick responses. i tried again this morning and got my sound card 95% fit into the slot . but here comes another question, does it has to be 100% into slot on the motherboard? thanks

i might wanna re-install my motherboard and try. i am kinda confused too that my soundcard doesn't fit into a full tower case.thank you again

YES it has to be all the way in. Pretty much always when it's not all the way in, you're in short-city.

+1 to "we need pics" how would you not be able to fit anything into a full tower case? A full tower should have no problem fitting 2 HD4870x2's!
!