Prob with video card

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Edit: -- S O L V E D --

hey guys

Just after I finished doing the required data backup of a system, i turned of the pc and removed the power cord from the pc.

Removed the battery and placed the jumper on 2-3 then back to 1-2 and inserted the battrey. when i switched on the pc it beep and the POST Speech feature is saying that VGA Test failed. WHAT CAN I DO? it was working before clearing the cmos

Hardware:

m/b: Asus A8N-Sli deluxe
psu: 430w coolermaster
V/C: Asus ATI x300/x500 (stated by GPUz)

what i did so far:
-reseated the Video card about 5 times in PCI-E slot 1
-Placed it in PCI-E slot 2

the 4pin +12v connector and the 4pin molex connector (the one that u attach to a DVD drive) are both connected to the motherbaord

Is the BIOS ok since it is beeping and returning the POST fail speech?
Do you think i have to get a new video card ?
what else can i DO?!!

thanks. all input accepted

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006

can't update the bios so far cuase i can't get anything on the monitor and as soon the pc is turned on the bios returns the "Video Card test failed" through the asus POST speech feature.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
you do not need that MOLEX connector if you are not doing SLI..
why the hell did you fool with the bios in the first place??
making a backup is no reason to fool with the bios,and the only time you should fool with the bios is when ,,and,,, if,,, it is nonfunctional,or does not see new hardware or work with your mobo..
now remember that when fooling with computers "stupidity has it's own reward" in other words"if it ain't broke.don't fix it".
go back to basics,start with a dos floppy,and only the video,recheck all your connections,if you can try another video card,because in order to use the backup that you just made your system will eventually have to be in a state that is as close to what it was whern you originallty made that backup..g'luck.........:)

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006

The reason of clearing the cmos was that the bios was password protected and i needed to reinstall windows. the bios setting was set to boot the hard disk only

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Thanks Guys problem SOLVED.

I think my mistake was that i was everytime aligning the screw slot (on the video card) with the screw hole on the case. On my last try i tried my best to align the the VGA/DVI port in the center of the port cuts and it worked

Anyways thanks alot for your support and sry to disturb you.

Juvealert