GA-P35-DS4 Refuses To Overclock

My GA-P35-DS4 refuses to overclock after about a year and a half - I can put all of my settings in BIOS, save them, everything posts, boots to windows, etc but the overclock just doesn't stay. POST normally displayed my overclock which was 9 x 423, now even though all my overclock settings are the same it keeps POSTing as 9 x 333. The settings don't reset either, they stay the same as they did over a year ago.

I've ran the same overclock for over a year without issues and very cool temps, the only recent changes to my PC have been installing Windows 7 Professional RTM.

Win 7 Pro RTM X64
My GA-P35-DS4 BIOS F11
E8400 @ 3.80 GHz
OCZ Vendetta 2
TX750W
HD4870
2x2GB G.Skill 8500
2x500GB HDD

Any help would rock!

EDIT: I just changed the multiplier so it is taking responses. I changed it to 8, POST showed it as 8x333 instead of 9.
2 answers Last reply
More about refuses overclock
  1. maybe you left the cmos reset jumper in the wrong position.
    maybe you left the cmos battery out.
    maybe try and reset your cmos and reapply your bios oc

i have a backup pc which i am not using at the moment.
    ga-x48-ds4
    e8500 at 3.8ghz 1.28vcore
    4gb ocz
    cooler master centurian
    and other stuff in it...
  2. Same Board, same Problem...

have just installed Win 7 Home Premium 64(!) on a second hdd - and the system refuses to overclock.
    Booting Xp without any different bios settings overclocks the system as i am running it since a year.

No solution yet... cant the 64bit win7 handle the oc settings? Is the mb somehow incompatible to win7?

tnx,
    hek
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking BIOS