Computer randomly freezing

Stexer

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I'm not entirely sure where this thread should go, but I figured Windows 7 should be safe.

I have been having this problem ever since I built my PC, my computer will randomly freeze, and everything will become unresponsive. The only way I can get it to work again is to force a shutdown with the power button on my case, ctrl+alt+del doesn't work.

I have done a memory test and it was all clear.

System Specs:
i7 960
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA Geforce GTX 460
Corsair TX750
GSkill 6 gb DDR3 1600 (3x2gb)

Not entirely sure how I figure this out. I'm not familiar with Event Viewer so I can't really tell if what I'm looking at is the problem.

I know you say it randomly freezes but are you doing something when it does? What do you have for a hdd and what is the OS. When you ask for help since we are not in your house you do have to list all the info you can. Are the drivers up to date on the video card , have you ever updated the bios , do you have a power supply tester( I know it turns on but it could still be defective) have you done any overclocking? The event viewer can actually tell you what the problem might be. If you have win 7 open up the action center and run the trouble shooter.
Sounds to me like you might have some sort of coflict , either harware or software related.

Stexer

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
The HDD I'm using is a Samsung Spinpoint F3. Drivers on vid card are up to date, I did some overclocking but I decided to put it back to stock until I got a better cooler (I'm running an aftermarket but the CPU still ran super hot when OC'd), the bios is updated, and I have never done a PSU test.

TRENDING THREADS