INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14

a1pumba

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I was about to enter the system Recovery program and Windows Auto Update started and the 2 clashed. Now I have on a black screen with INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 14. Is there any way to get this off and boot into Windows?

a1pumba

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Clean the disk. Its a file on the windows disk. Use water and wipe it clean and dry it off with a soft cloth
Hi, Thank you for your answer. I was not using a XP Recovery Disk at the time. The Recovery Wizard Program was all ready on the Drive. But I did go into The Phoenix Bios System and enabled my hard drive. As soon as I did that a new error message came on "Operating System not found". In the mean time I received a Sony Vaio Recovery Disk and have run it numerious times with no luck. The Recovery Disk was unable to bring up The Recovery Wizard. This Laptop has a 40GB Hard Drive. Very small at todays standards. When I got the Laptop back the hard drive was full with only a small amount of free space, maybe 200mb's. I'm thinking about replacing the 40gb drive with a larger one. But I'm very curious as to the solution to my changing problems.

TRENDING THREADS