i need help about starting my pc up...pls!

john_antonio

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
i need help on speeding up my pc's startup cause when i press the power button it goes to the first screen(award etc)..but it never continues to boot straight to windows..i have to press F1 to continue..what should i do to make it go directly windows without pressing F1 anymore...

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
What else does it say besides that, anything? Did it do this from the beginning? If not, when did it start, have you changed the BIOS? If you have changed the BIOS what did you change?

john_antonio

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
i just changed the priority boot from cd drive to hdd.. I can go to windows...it doesn't give me errors..it's just that I have to press F1 to continue to windows..is there a way for me not pressing F1 anymore and it will go by itself on windows log on screen?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Have you set the time in the BIOS? If so and it's still there default the BIOS. I don't have personal experience with that mobo but you shouldn't be getting the F1 prompt on every boot.

The battery is installed correctly?

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
if there is a battery problem,,,the system will not retain the bios settings,you will have to redo the bios at every boot,,
sometimes just leaving it plugged in but not on for a while will do the trick,battery gets charged up,
had the same problem once upon a time with an asus board,
btw,,you might consider testing the mobo outside of the case,pita i know,but you need to eliminate all possible causes,
do you have access to a meter to test the battery..:>)