8800 gt showing 0mhz core clock!

sladekazin

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
I need some help here. My card has been running fine (EVGA 8800 GT) for the last month since I got it. I've recently been looking at possibly overclocking it, but haven't even started the process. I downloaded some programs such as rivatuner, atitool, and gpu-z to just get ready. I loaded gpu-z, and it showed everything fine. I then upgraded to the most recent drivers for the card off of the EVGA site (177.79) and restarted, and ran 3dmark vantage to get an idea if it did anything. I left the computer while it ran, and came back to a very low score, lower than I've ever gotten by a lot (about 2000 less). The GPU score was really low, and the cpu score was some crazy number about 7x as high as it ever was. I ran gpu-z, and it now showed my core clock and memory clock speeds at 0mhz!! I then rolled back the drivers to the previous one (175..19) to just test if that was the problem, rebooted, and gpu-z, as well as the system scan in 3dmark vantage both show the core clock and memory clock still at 0mhz!! I don't know a lot about video card bios or how to reflash it or anthing, and was wondering if someone could give me some insight on how to fix this problem. Thanks!!!

Darth Yoda

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Hello. I am having the same problem with my 8500 GT. one day it was working fine and the next 0mhz for core clocks and memory clock for the graphics card. there is another thread about it doesnt give much help though. here it is: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248664-33-8800gt-0mhz

please if you fix it let me know and if anyone else can help please do. i will do the same.

feel free to email me.

thanks

EDIT

Here is a screenshot of what comes up on mine: Thanks

Darth Yoda

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
OK for me i think i found a solution. I dont know if its the same case with u or not. Anyway i think the nvidia thing is not working properly. i got a program called GPU'z (like cpuz but for gcard). it says i have clocks of 450mhz or wateva, normal. anyway here is a screenshot:

Hope it helps.