Master Dancer Buffs

I have been searching for information on master dancer buffing and
everything I have found appears to be out of date or incomplete. Does
anyone know of a good, up to date guide? If not, maybe somebody can answer
a few questions for me:

- I have been buffing people by grouping with them and having them /watch
me. Why do some guides say I have to "setperform" on them to buff them? Is
that no longer true? Or is that a way of buffing without grouping with
them?
- Are flourishes necessary when buffing?
- Does the buff depend on the dance level or just the level of the dancer?
I.e. can I use a lower level dance in order to preserve my action and still
get the same effect as a high level dance?
- How long does it take for a full 100% buff, and how long will it last? I
found a guide that said 5 minutes for a 1 hour buff and 10 for a 2 hour
buff, but I think that is out of date. I have seen master dancers claiming
that they can give full buffs in 3 minutes.
- I have had buffs fail occasionally and I don't know why. Are there
activities that a patron can do that will break the buff?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lyssi Strata / Coronet (usually) / Scylla

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in

> - How long does it take for a full 100% buff, and how long will it
> last? I found a guide that said 5 minutes for a 1 hour buff and 10
> for a 2 hour buff, but I think that is out of date. I have seen
> master dancers claiming that they can give full buffs in 3 minutes.

Not an entertainer myself but on Shadowfire you can get full buff (2 hours)
in about 4 minutes.

A possible explanation is that entertainer level or dance level determines
how long it takes to do a full buff.

It is definitely affected by level, but I'm a master dancer and can do 100%
buffs. Nevertheless even when doing exotic4, the highest dance, for 10
minutes, the duration of the buff is not always very good. Must be
something I'm missing.

> It is definitely affected by level, but I'm a master dancer and can do
> 100% buffs. Nevertheless even when doing exotic4, the highest dance,
> for 10 minutes, the duration of the buff is not always very good.
> Must be something I'm missing.
>

> "Alexei Boukirev" <aboukirev@blah.ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Not an entertainer myself but on Shadowfire you can get full buff (2
> hours)
>> in about 4 minutes.
>>
>> A possible explanation is that entertainer level or dance level
>> determines how long it takes to do a full buff.

First a small excerpt from one of the posts. This tells that there are to ways to
do a buff, both work.
You have to actually ask for the buff. The entertainer in question (as a note,
must be at least a novice musician or novice dancer) can do one of two things:
The can /setperf you, to direct their performance, then you need to /watch or
/listen to them for the time, at the end of the time, you need to /stopwatch
/stoplisten to have the buff kick in. Or you can group with them, then its slightly
more automatic, but the time is the same.

Here's an excellent FAQ on Dancer buffs. The minimum time 3 min 20 sec for full buff
and flourishes are extremely important, more than anything else.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=entertainer&message.id=9535

Have fun

Alexei

I've wanted to receive entertainer buffs but never find anyone giving them.
Especially important as I'm a Rifleman and my specials drain my mind pool.
Anyone here on the Chilastra server know of entertainer buffers?

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been searching for information on master dancer buffing and
> everything I have found appears to be out of date or incomplete. Does
> anyone know of a good, up to date guide? If not, maybe somebody can
answer
> a few questions for me:
>
> - I have been buffing people by grouping with them and having them /watch
> me. Why do some guides say I have to "setperform" on them to buff them?
Is
> that no longer true? Or is that a way of buffing without grouping with
> them?
> - Are flourishes necessary when buffing?
> - Does the buff depend on the dance level or just the level of the dancer?
> I.e. can I use a lower level dance in order to preserve my action and
still
> get the same effect as a high level dance?
> - How long does it take for a full 100% buff, and how long will it last?
> found a guide that said 5 minutes for a 1 hour buff and 10 for a 2 hour
> buff, but I think that is out of date. I have seen master dancers
claiming
> that they can give full buffs in 3 minutes.
> - I have had buffs fail occasionally and I don't know why. Are there
> activities that a patron can do that will break the buff?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>

> Lyssi Strata / Coronet (usually) / Scylla

Great FAQ, thanks for the link.

> Here's an excellent FAQ on Dancer buffs. The minimum time 3 min 20 sec
for full buff
> and flourishes are extremely important, more than anything else.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=entertainer&message.id=9535

> Have fun
>
> Alexei

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been searching for information on master dancer buffing and
> everything I have found appears to be out of date or incomplete. Does
> anyone know of a good, up to date guide? If not, maybe somebody can
answer
> a few questions for me:
>
> - I have been buffing people by grouping with them and having them
/watch
> me. Why do some guides say I have to "setperform" on them to buff
them? Is
> that no longer true? Or is that a way of buffing without grouping
with
> them?

The /setperform command allows you to buff one person at a time, without
grouping them.

> - Are flourishes necessary when buffing?

I have found that flourishes do decrease the time required to reach the
full duration.

> - Does the buff depend on the dance level or just the level of the
dancer?
> I.e. can I use a lower level dance in order to preserve my action and
still
> get the same effect as a high level dance?

It is the entertainer level, not the song/dance. I mix the songs and
instruments up just because I get tired of hearing the same stuff over
and over. I haven't noticed that affecting the overall time to reach
full duration at all. The amount of buff is definately level
dependant - but at master you can dance/play away and *usually* have the
full double buff. I say usually because sometimes I've had something
weird go on where I only got about an 85% buff, but the full two hours.
Really goofy and rare, but it does happen occasionally.

> - How long does it take for a full 100% buff, and how long will it
last? I
> found a guide that said 5 minutes for a 1 hour buff and 10 for a 2
hour
> buff, but I think that is out of date. I have seen master dancers
claiming
> that they can give full buffs in 3 minutes.

I honestly don't know. It seems to be different for me for different
targets. I just go for the full 10 mins because I don't want to short
anybody. Of course, the only people I buff are my friends, but still,
it gives us more time to socialize.

> - I have had buffs fail occasionally and I don't know why. Are there
> activities that a patron can do that will break the buff?

Failing to /watch or /listen to you is the most common. If you stop
before they quit watching/listening, they still have to do the /stopl or
/stopw. Other than that, sometimes I've had buffs only come out at
90mins or so after a full 10 mins. That is usually when I bebop on over
to another character that isn't in the vicinity though.

> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> Lyssi Strata / Coronet (usually) / Scylla

Not exactly definitive answers :p Please note that those are
observations from a Master Musician and not a Master Dancer. Hope it
helps some at least.

- Oalan

Funny thing. right after I posted I went to Dantooine Mining outpost to hunt
and sure enough there was someone grouping and giving entertainer buffs.
Maybe I should post next about where to find crystal loot drops .....hehe.

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<_-ednUooUdO_tYfcRVn-sg@comcast.com>...
> - I have been buffing people by grouping with them and having them /watch
> me. Why do some guides say I have to "setperform" on them to buff them? Is
> that no longer true? Or is that a way of buffing without grouping with
> them?

You are correct. /setperform allows you to buff someone without
grouping with them.

> - Are flourishes necessary when buffing?

The more you flourish the faster the buff will be finished.

> - Does the buff depend on the dance level or just the level of the dancer?
> I.e. can I use a lower level dance in order to preserve my action and still
> get the same effect as a high level dance?

Just the level of the dancer afaik

> - How long does it take for a full 100% buff, and how long will it last? I
> found a guide that said 5 minutes for a 1 hour buff and 10 for a 2 hour
> buff, but I think that is out of date. I have seen master dancers claiming
> that they can give full buffs in 3 minutes.

They do this by using a lot of flourishes. You'll need to be buffed or
have someone healing you. Just spam flourishes and you'll buff people
quicker than the usual 8-10 mins

> - I have had buffs fail occasionally and I don't know why. Are there
> activities that a patron can do that will break the buff?

Its buggy as hell. Try having them watach you and walk out of range
untill they get the 'you stop watching because you are too far away'
message then hit a /stopwatch. Or sometimes shuttling and hitting
/stopwatch works.

Try the official dancer forum. The group is very good and has a lot
of very helpful people.

Have fun!