Sign in with
Your question

PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Cable Length

Last response: in Components
October 25, 2008 9:04:04 PM

Anyone buy a PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU lately? Any observations on the cable lengths? One of the criticisms I've seen of their PSUs is that the cables may be too short for mounting at the bottom of the case.

Checking out their website it looks like they've recently added several inches to the CPU (8 pin) power cable. The harness diagram was updated 9/20 (no year mentioned) and the length shown is 23", longer than what's mentioned in reviews.
October 25, 2008 9:29:06 PM

ncjeff said:
Anyone buy a PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU lately? Any observations on the cable lengths? One of the criticisms I've seen of their PSUs is that the cables may be too short for mounting at the bottom of the case.

Checking out their website it looks like they've recently added several inches to the CPU (8 pin) power cable. The harness diagram was updated 9/20 (no year mentioned) and the length shown is 23", longer than what's mentioned in reviews.

Hehe. You're in luck. My TX750 was delivered a couple hours ago. I just opened the box and measured the 8 pin power cable. It's 24". Going to make it much easier for me with my p180b case.
a b ) Power supply
October 25, 2008 9:53:20 PM

I don't know about "lately" but my Silencer 750W bought 15 months ago works fine at the bottom of a huge Silverstone TJ-09. I didn't need any cable extensions.

Related resources
October 25, 2008 10:50:17 PM

My PC Power and Cooling 750w that I had fit perfectly well in my Silverstone TJ07, which is slightly taller than aevm's TJ09, although it BARELY fit around my 4870 X2. The cable length is perfectly fine, except the 8 pin might need an extension if you want an extremely clean looking case, otherwise it will work in any case I can think of, since very few are taller than the TJ07 and those usually don't have a poor PSU mounting system like the TJ07...
a c 248 ) Power supply
October 26, 2008 1:43:25 AM

There were previous threads here at THG and user comments at vendor web sites about short cables. The problem is the 6 pin, 2x3, ATX power cable. Some people reported problems with full size tower cases where the psu was mounted at the bottom of the case and the motherboard connection was located at the very top. Video cards and other components sometimes get in the way. With good cable management the power cable is run up behind the motherboard tray. If the cable is short, the easy solution is to purchase an 8 inch extension cable which is available at vendor web sites.
!