Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DVD diver not detected

Last response: in Windows 7
September 5, 2011 2:13:05 AM

Hi, my system (Win7 x64) doesn`t reconize dvd. I had a the same problem last year and failed finding the solution that had wriiten. I was instructed to go into the registery and remove a " filter". Any replies will be will be appreciated. Thank you

More about : dvd diver detected

a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2011 5:51:19 AM

Try a windows update, and complete your optional updates too, if this does not work give is the model of the dvd player and I'll source a driver and we'll troubleshoot from there.
Score
September 5, 2011 3:52:23 PM

Combat Wombat said:
Try a windows update, and complete your optional updates too, if this does not work give is the model of the dvd player and I'll source a driver and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Thanks Wombat. It`s LG 30 TF. I went their website but wasn`t able to locate it.
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2011 11:39:26 PM

Yea I can;t seem to find it either, did you try the updates?
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2011 11:58:30 PM

windows 7 has default drivers for dvds you dont need a specific one from the maker--try to update the ide (or sata if its a sata dvd) controller drivers

if you tell us the make of pc or motherboard it would help us help you
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 12:00:54 AM

This would be automatic in a windows update
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 12:26:06 AM

Combat Wombat said:
This would be automatic in a windows update

actually it isnt always automatic in windows update--if you consider how many hundreds of thousands of drivers there must be windows update doesnt have them all--example my epson perfection 1670 scanner will not find a windows 7 64bit driver on windows update--i have to manually download it from epson

i have plugged a lot of hardware in to have windows see it as an unknown device and not find it a driver--pcmcia wireless cards for laptops are a particular favourite--usually i have to use everest now called aida64 to indentify the chipset used on them then get the driver from for example atheros
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 12:38:30 AM

In saying that Microsoft are allays applying new drivers to the list, and scanners are a little more uncommon, as they should have a disc with the hardware. External devices are a little different.. this is a internal device which is permanently connected, which is much more likely to be included in the win7 update package.

Back to the original issue:

Look here for assistance on how to view the necessary information for the driver installation process if the windows update fails:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/update-d...
September 6, 2011 1:43:23 PM

Thank to all of you for your help. It turned out I had to delete a filter in the registry
Score
September 6, 2011 1:43:37 PM

Best answer selected by jamesr10962.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 3:44:27 AM

Glad I could help :) 
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 411 $ Windows 7
September 8, 2011 12:44:33 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened