Closed Solved

DVD diver not detected

Hi, my system (Win7 x64) doesn`t reconize dvd. I had a the same problem last year and failed finding the solution that had wriiten. I was instructed to go into the registery and remove a " filter". Any replies will be will be appreciated. Thank you
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about diver detected
  1. Try a windows update, and complete your optional updates too, if this does not work give is the model of the dvd player and I'll source a driver and we'll troubleshoot from there.
  2. Combat Wombat said:
    Try a windows update, and complete your optional updates too, if this does not work give is the model of the dvd player and I'll source a driver and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Thanks Wombat. It`s LG 30 TF. I went their website but wasn`t able to locate it.
  3. Yea I can;t seem to find it either, did you try the updates?
  4. windows 7 has default drivers for dvds you dont need a specific one from the maker--try to update the ide (or sata if its a sata dvd) controller drivers

if you tell us the make of pc or motherboard it would help us help you
  5. This would be automatic in a windows update
  6. Combat Wombat said:
    This would be automatic in a windows update

actually it isnt always automatic in windows update--if you consider how many hundreds of thousands of drivers there must be windows update doesnt have them all--example my epson perfection 1670 scanner will not find a windows 7 64bit driver on windows update--i have to manually download it from epson

i have plugged a lot of hardware in to have windows see it as an unknown device and not find it a driver--pcmcia wireless cards for laptops are a particular favourite--usually i have to use everest now called aida64 to indentify the chipset used on them then get the driver from for example atheros
  7. Best answer
    In saying that Microsoft are allays applying new drivers to the list, and scanners are a little more uncommon, as they should have a disc with the hardware. External devices are a little different.. this is a internal device which is permanently connected, which is much more likely to be included in the win7 update package.

Back to the original issue:

Look here for assistance on how to view the necessary information for the driver installation process if the windows update fails:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/update-drivers-windows-7.htm
  8. Thank to all of you for your help. It turned out I had to delete a filter in the registry
  9. Best answer selected by jamesr10962.
  10. Glad I could help :)
  11. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers DVD X64 Windows 7