high end silent/quiet psu

Sharft6

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Earlier this week I upgraded my 3850 to a 4850 which was a bit of a mistake because I didn't think about the extra power requirements and am running into at least two crashes per day.

Sometime in the Christmas holidays I plan to upgrade my 5600+ to an e8600 or similar OCing potential and get some decent water cooling from a company like swiftech.
For now I just want a quiet psu because I would rather not water cool a psu if that is even feasible.

I want my next power supply to be quiet, value for money, good for overclocking, and preferably cross fire support. Any ideas?

I have had incredibly good luck with Corsair power supplies. I build pc's for friends, neighbors, and girlfriends. I use Corsair exclusively. They are rock solid and very reliable. I have never experienced any noise problems.

dfbreyes

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I use an Enermax Pro82+ 625W PSU. I understand that around Christmas or before Christmas Enermax will have a higher wattage version of the Pro82+---called the Enermax Revolution. My Enermax Pro82+ 625W psu is extremely quiet and powers my AMD Phenom 9850 and Asus M3N-HT motherboard.

I eargerly await Enermax's latest power supply--if its current psu is any indication of how good the new one will be--I can't wait for the Revolution.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/5531-enermax-pro82-625w-power-supply-review.html

http://wingwong701.multiply.com/photos/album/4/AMD_Phenom_and_Asus_M3N-HT_system#

Sharft6

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
false alarm.

When I installed my 4850 i happened to do a big driver update including chipset. When i first went vista and installed the SATA controller drivers off windows update I had this problem where my computer would randomly crash if I wasn't whoring my HDD. I've never had a problem with updating nforce with NVIDIAs official drivers but now I seem to get the same problem with them. So i re installed windows and now shes as stable as a sober dwarf.

Your feed back will defiantly come in handy in the future though. For the record I would have went for the 520hx because of its attractive price tag and plentiful feature set.