Inno3d Geforce 9800 GTX+ power supply problem

Shorting

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Hey guys, i hope my question is in the proper place.

I just bought Inno3d Geforce 9800GTX+ due my old silent Asus 8500 just stopped working.

In the box contents included a 6pin power connector splitted in two which i connected to two 8pin power supply cables from my power supply. There is still one empty 6pin power connector ontop of the graphic card right next to the one i filled with the inbox one. The card is currently running and im typing this viewing its nice colors but when my XP starts im getting a message that:

"The Nvidia System Sentinel is reporting that the Nvidia-powered graphics card is not receving sufficient power" - "To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations."

my guess is that the empty 6pin must be filled with power but there is nothing in the box. There is no 6pin power connector comming directly from my power supply and i see now way atm to fill the empty spot.

there is also a small 2pin empty connector on the graphic card but i have no clue for that it is.
for additional info i can add that im on 500W power supply.

the question is should i go search for another 6pin to 2x 8pin power cord or the small 2pin should be filled with something or i dont know but its clear the card is not running @ max capacity.

p.s. im useing forums due to the card box is completly empty of any kind user manual or anything exept some cables for video signal.

I hope u guys understand me cose im realy not up to hardware adn may sound alot noobish.

yetyhunter

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Yes you need to connect both.But I think you need a new PSU.That's a generic PSU and I don't think you have enough AMPS tu run a 9800 GTX+
You need about 26A AT LEAST.

Shorting

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
is this one gonna be okey how do u guys think ?

FORTRON EPSILON 700

• ATX Power Supply for PC Epsilon
• NVIDIA SLI Certified, Dual Channel PCI-Express
• 700W
• 120 mm fan
• Active PFC Function
• Dimension : 140 x 150 x 86 mm