Sign in with
Your question

A little question about cpu voltage...

Last response: in Overclocking
October 13, 2009 6:52:32 AM

i have a question about cpu voltage.
what i the effect if i raise the cpu voltage other than increasing the cpu temperature??
which one is better, lower voltage or higher voltage??
any article that i can refer about this topic??

AMD Athlon X2 4800+ 2.5Mhz
Abit AX78
Ati radeon HD3650 512 ddr3
current cpu voltage : 1.35v

More about : question cpu voltage

a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
October 13, 2009 8:12:46 AM

Lower voltage is always better. Its best to keep the voltage as low as possible whilst still maintaining stability. Upping the voltage will result in higher temps and will reduce the longitivity of your CPU.
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
October 13, 2009 2:30:05 PM

Lower voltages are always better. The only real reason to overvolt a CPU is to try to overclock it. And that nearly always requires a better heatsink to get rid of the extra heat generated by the increased voltage..
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2009 2:52:39 AM

i am trying to overclock it, i already purchased xigmatek achilles. but i dont really understand what voltage really have to do with its speed. does my pc cpu performance increace if i raise the voltage??
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
October 15, 2009 7:10:00 AM

exceeda88 said:
does my pc cpu performance increace if i raise the voltage??

No. Not directly. But it can enable you to increase CPU performance when you change other settings.

I do not know much about OC'ing AMD CPU's. Their internal architecture is much different form the Intel Core2's that I am most familiar with. Try googling something like "overclock amd x2".
m
l
!