Triple monitors xp flight simulators

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 10, 2011 4:35:31 PM

Hello, I would like to use three monitors for MS Flt. Simulator and similar programs. I need to have an idea as to model and number of video cards required - and - if there are any issues with the actual monitors. Must they all be of same mfg. with same specs., or can they be of different, but with similar response times?

More about : triple monitors flight simulators

January 10, 2011 4:55:58 PM

M$ Flight sim can use just about any modern vid card(s) such as a pair of ATI HD5000 series cross-fire boards (2 for use up to 4 monitors)

X-Plane will work better on a pair of Nvidia GTX-480's SLi config.

X-Plane is so much more detailed and complicated is why it really needs the GPU power of Nvidia.

X-Plane allows assigning different views to go to different monitors that M$ flight sim can't. I suppose one could say I see M$ Flight-sim as a game more than a simulator. You did say "and similar programs" so your specific graphic card capabilities may vary.

I use what is now a legacy ATI HD3000 series vid card, and X-Plane shows it really wants a lot more from my card, that it can't deliver.

You can use different monitor makes/models, it's just how sleek you want the display(s) to be.

m
l