Sign in with
Your question

Should I be using nView for clone monitor setup with 8800gt?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 6, 2008 6:38:28 PM

Hey I recently upgraded my 6600GT to an 8800GT and I'm having some problems with it. My set up is a VGA (I think that's what its called I'm pretty new at this stuff, its the blue ended monitor) and an S-Video cable from my GPU to my tv. It reads both of them fine, but for some reason the TV has a line running up the screen over and over and its flickering a lot. Also when I boot the TV doesn't post until windows boots up. It use to show it booting up. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Ok I fixed the problem with the line running through the screen, the new problem is is that the quality is TERRIBLE. I am using an s-video but I don't think it should be this bad. I have read a lot that everyone is useing nview, I am using the nVidia control panel that came with the drivers from the nvidia website. Should I be using nview to setup my clone monitors? And would that help the quailty?
September 6, 2008 7:06:04 PM

Change the refresh rate of the TV until you find one that doesn't flicker--what your seeing is the a defect of having an out-of-sync refresh rate.

You can see a similar phenomena by looking at CRT computer monitors from a distance (or at a refresh rate they can't hardly handle).

September 7, 2008 4:23:08 AM

I have the refresh rate at 60 right now, the only problem is when i change it to anything other than 60 the refresh goes right back to 60.
Also when I change the resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 or vice virsa the tv goes black and i have the keep messing with the resolution back and forth and go between clone and single to get it to work again.
Related resources
September 7, 2008 9:35:47 AM

Ok I fixed the problem with the line running through the screen, the new problem is is that the quality is TERRIBLE. I am using an s-video but I don't think it should be this bad. I have read a lot that everyone is useing nview, I am using the nVidia control panel that came with the drivers from the nvidia website. Should I be using nview to setup my clone monitors? And would that help the quailty?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 4, 2009 7:27:48 PM

very nice this furm
!